How does it feel for a girl to dump a guy?

Recently got dumped by my ex for little reason apart from that she wasn't sure any more.. I've decided to go no contact after trying to talk and figure things out which got me no where we had an incredible relationship with many memories for a year. Although I'm missing her like crazy she seems totally not bothered and hasn't contacted me - its been 8 days. Just wondered how does it feel to be the dumper in the situation? Do you still miss that other person?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• It's awful, but it depends on why. If her feelings have simply gone it's more of a relief that it's over and you can move on, although hurting someone will never feel good.

Breaking up with someone you're still crazy about, but your relationship isn't healthy and/or you're hurting each other and it's just something that's for the best, it's the worst kind of pain.
    Its not dissimilar to grief. You get home, and everything seems quieter and emptier. You're a bit lost for a while.
    ... but again, there is still that slight relief.

Hurting someone is never nice. I've lost sleep over guilt about the way I've treated a guy before.

It sounds silly, but if you've ever seen 9 1/2 weeks, the ending isn't that sad to some people, but to any woman who's reluctantly left a relationship, it's one of the realest, most relatable endings. We've all done that walk and/or we've all felt like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason you're hurting and she's not is that she was already over the relationship when she dumped you. You're not over the relationship yet.

And being the dumper usually sucks, unless you're just so sick of the other person you're happy to be rid of them.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah it sucks dumping your boyfriend. Personally I've done it 3 times. To be fair two kinda had it coming, both for different reasons and one well, i just wasn't in love with him. I felt bad on all occasions and it took me a while to get over the shitty feelings. But break ups are MUCH easier when you ate young. The older you get, the harder they are. But just cause you are the dumper, doesn't mean its a walk in the park.

• He was a douche bag so I really didn't feel bad.

• Yes she does miss that person and wonders sometimes what he's up to but it doesn't change the fact that it's over and it's better to leave it in the past.

• Depends on the girl

What Guys Said 1

• probably sucks, girls hate feeling like or seeming like bitches... unless he's a douche bag