First break up is always very painful compared to the other ones later isn't it?

We get more emotionally attached at first and love someone beyond the limits. We get clingy because we want them to stay with us forever. We dream of many things. Then one day the break up happens and eventually we learn from our mistakes. Isn't it?

713

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have ever sent a guy or an ex a nude selfie then there's 98% chance he still has it somewhere on a hardrive somewhere with other girls who sent them. At my school there was a bit of a thing where guys would share nude selfies of girl, it was at the stage where when I was going through an ex boyfriend's computer there was pics of nearly every girl in school. Thats why I never send nude selfies anymore not that it matters because once the pic is on the web there's no taking it back, I dread the day when my nudes come to light.

What Guys Said 12

• I would yes that's true.

• yup its very true. my first break up was a total mess and it ruined me. my ex used me in every way. but im glad i had that bad experience, because i learned many lessons from that. very important lessons. and one of that was to love myself. sure it gave me insecurities and many trust issues but im stil glad i had that crappy relationship, because im more wise now

• well not the first break up but the first love. i later loved another girl and that hurt bad when we broke up too.

• I have to disagree in my situation... The first girl I dated I ended up droping her, however the 2nd girl I was so in love with and I still think of her constantly. I think it all depends on the emotional attraction vs first breakup

• In my experience no.

• Correct.

• I imagine it is. I seen how friends of mine go through break ups, it sucks to see them down but they get through it

• Yes, the first one is the hardest, makes no sense at all, and seems to last foreeeever :-(

• People have different experiences Madame.

• Makes me wonder, if you can't be with the first boyfriend/girlfriend forever then what's the point in having long term relationships anyway if they have a chance of failing just like the first.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Not always. The pain is only proportional to how much you love , so it depends on how much love you have for someone. Your first love may not be the deepest and strongest.

I think if someone faces many heartbreaks they just find a way of coping despite their pain. It doesn't mean they hurt any less than their first heartbreak. They just find better coping machinisms with experience.

• They are never fun but do get easier to swallow. and after a few, you realize life will go on and you'll meet someone new again to love.

• I would totally agree with you over here and after a crappy/blah relationship we tend to fall in love with our eyes open and it also teaches us how to look for the red flags in another person.

• Yes. Especially if they break up with you first

• Yes the first cut is the deepest. The rest isn't as hard like that anymore cause youve already experienced getting hurt and going through the pain.

• No. My first break up was literally the happiest day of my life. My ex even asked my friend months later if there was a chance of us getting back together or at least being friends and I was like "HELLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWW!"