Moved too close to an ex?

My ex broke up with me after a year and a half. We were long distance for the second half of our relationship. She dumped me. We talked a lot after the breakup for the first 3 months like we were still dating. Over time we slowly talked less and less but still did a couple times a week. She wanted to stay friends.

I found myself getting a new job in her city. I found an awesome place to live, but it is super close to her. We talked for two hours about the move. She told me she was uncomfortable with it but seemed like it would pass after a while. We don't talk anymore and she said she would reach out to me, since she needs time.

Is it that bad moving 5 minutes from an ex? Guys and girls can answer. She obviously doesn't like me, but why does she not want to talk or be friends anymore?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• She probably never thought you would live close to each other again. Thinking that, it was easy to say she wanted to be friends when she really didn't. Now that you are moving close, you get the truth. If she can't handle you living close, that's her problem. You are not together anymore and she has let you know you are not friends. I wouldn't let her change you getting a new job and where you live. You no longer answer to her. Do what is best for you, not her.