He said we're "taking a break." but then says he still wants me?

so my ex boyfriend and I have been dating for the past couple months and i like him soooo much. But about a month ago.. He tells me that we need to take a 'LITTLE' break. I did give him his space but He would never contact me unless I did first. Not like he use to anyway. And i always tell him he doesn't put it any effort so it must mean he doesn't like me anymore and he ALWAYS tells me he still wants me.. I tell him to just break up with me for good but his response always is "I still wanna be with you." Soo yesterday i texted him because he doesn't text or call me anymore AT ALL.. and what does he say "I'm fixing something..." like he doesn't even make sense, I'm starting to think he's just making excuses.. but overtime I tell him off and tell him he should just end it all in all he tells me "i still wanna be with you." It makes me so confused like what does he mean he never even talks to me anymore but he still wants me to hold on or something and it hurts.. please help? is it really over for good because he just tells me it isn't and i don't know if he's lying?

What Guys Said 2

• He's full of shit. "Break" is what a pussy says for breakup. This is over permanently and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. He's found someone else and is telling you how much he "loves" so you'll keep hanging around in case he's without a girl. Then he'll come back and use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else

• thanks! I guess its just gonna be so hard to forget him like he forgot me.. I mean how can you pretend to still love someone and pull this. It's just crazy how it doesn't affect him. I should just leave him alone till he comes to me right?/

• Just pretend he doesn't exist. Anything he'll tell you is a lie. Block him and stop all forms of communication

• Ok gotcha! its just funny when he says we can still talk... yet you never even try like um ok lol but thanks

• He is just trying to lead you on by giving a false impression that he still wants to be with you which is not true.

• Thanks he did the same thing yesterday... do you think it's because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings?

• Yes, that's possible

What Girls Said 0