How long does it take you, personally, to get over an ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• After a break up it usually takes a few months, but to answer your question I'd go with that men take longer. Of course emotionally it hurts girls a bit more intensely but as far as recovery is concerned men have it the worst.

Read this article:
    www.ahchealthenews.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• When you love someone, I don't think you really get over them , you just find a way of living your life without them in it anymore. Over time feelings fade and the pain eases , but there's a part of you that's never truly over them... despite moving on

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• About 2 days initially but the aftermath usually lasts about 3 months. You know the whole, rationalizing, anger, roller coaster emotions and hoping they return or regretting my own call. About 6 months, I can look at them in public and smile. So, 6 months. If they keep coming back, this process keep stalling.

• depends on how long we dated and how much I love him.

the first guy I didn't care about (sorry if that was douche) but I got over him in one day when he broke up with me

the second guy who I recently broke up with and we were supposed to be long term, I don't think i'll ever get over him but I hope time will heal

• Depends on how long I dated him and how much I loved him.

• For my first ex it took about 8 months as we were in a long term relationship of about a year and few months...
    Then it took 4 months for the guy I dated or had a sort of fling for about 2 months...