Is it normal to?

My ex broke up with me almost 2 years ago and at first it hurt and I tried to get answers he would ignore me, and this went on for a year. I jumped at every call or text and if I didn't hear from him I'd text him and sometimes he'd ignore me. So now I pretty much gave up, I never text him, or call him, he always texts or call me, and I respond. I still love him but I'm at a point where I need to move on with my life.

i know we'll never get back together, all he wants is a friendship, and use me a a crutch.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Yea, you are hanging onto him too long. I don't think it's normal to go that long, but I don't think it's all that rare either.

Give yourself permission to stop loving him. He might want you as a friend, but it's hurting you too much, and keeping you from moving on. You have to move forward or forever be living in the past. Live your new life, not your past life.

• That's life. You live, you learn and you grown from the experiences and move on. Lose his number and don't talk to him you're still vulnerable. You should work on making you happy.

What Girls Said 1

• It's impossible to be just friends with someone you still love. It's so difficult to move on when you still have contact with him.

The only way I can move on from a guy I still love is if I cut all means of contact with him. It allows me time to fully heal, and it's not until you heal that you have the ability to move on

If you still want a friendship with him then you'd need to suppress any feelings you have for him , and try to get over any past hurt.

Life is meant to be travellled forwards not backwards, so I honestly can't see the point in remaining friends with an ex. It just being too much drama into your life , and complicates future relationships