Is my LDR doomed?

I'm a bit upset and jealous. I have a long distance relationship that I only see my boyfriend once a month or every other month. We never get weekends together but I asked him to request off for a weekend which is my birthday weekend or at least one day out of it. He didn't and he even let them talk him into working the WHOLE weekend. I took off for nothing thinking he'd do the same. He has canceled on me a lot. I got over that last night and then today he tells me about a college assignment he has to go to a historic festival and write a report on it. He is the driver of the group of new college friends and I'm worried because 2 of them are girls and he was hesitant to tell me that... he's requesting off when he couldn't even do that for my birthday and he gets the whole weekend with them. I'm upset because in our year together, I've never had a weekend with him and I'm worried because he sees these girls more than me and I hope nothing forms beyond platonic relations. I need help.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, long distance relationships don't work most of the time in my opinion. So if all of this is bothering u then u need to tell him that. But y'all don't see each other that much which is just a killer. If u really want to continue ur LDR if u really love him then do it. But honestly if it were me and I was having these problems, I'd just call it quits. I think u need to think about yourself. don't make urself suffer just because of one guy, there are plenty, and I think u can find a guy that lives closer to u and is more accessible. if I were u I'd call it quits, it would take so much weight off ur shoulders.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ldrs are almost always doomed. Sorry. It's so much better and healthier and waaay more fun to be with someone close to home.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• my opinion is to move on. as soon as the guy (or chick) demonstrates that other things are more important to him or that you are not important enough for something then it's time to split.

• You aren't dating unless you are actually physically going out with a person. You are basically penpals. You need to be around each other to determine if you are compatible,

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!