Should we divorce?

I think my husband wants a divorse. We work opposite schedules and have two preschool kids. We have drifted apart over the last couple of years. We fight over my work schedule. He thinks i work too much but i dont want us to struggle financially. He also thinks i hate his family and dont put enough effort into developing relationships with his family and friends. The truth is his mom and sister are bipolar. Only his mom is receiving treatment however. He is a bartender so he has many friends. I don't know when i would have time to hang out with all these people. I work during the day and take after hours call for my company for extra pay. It allows me to be home with our kids at night. He is really unhappy. He complains we dont have enough money but doesn't like when i work more. He's always frustrated and honestly is annoyed by almost everything that i do. I don't want to get a divorse. I couldn't imagine not seeing my kids everyday. I kind of feel like we should tough it out until i don't have to pay for daycare anymore. I could work less then. But i can feel his resentment building more each day. What should i do? We have tried therapy for like 10 sessions but i couldnt afford to keep up with it. I feel like I'm going to lose my family and i don't even know why.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• if family life was easy there would be no such thing as divorce. hats off to you for wanting to stick it out. thats the whole purpose of the vows you gave each other at your wedding. perhaps he has lost sight of that.

my son's mother and i were never married but we were living the "married" family lifestyle until her bi polar attitude took over and now im roughing it single. there is no greater pain that i know of thats worse than being separated from your kids. sadly the kids feel this pain too when a family division happens.

unless there is violence or abuse that is happening. i encourage trying to work it out. good luck to you

Most Helpful Girl

• No, be patient and try working it out

What Guys Said 4

• Well get the potiential divorce papers and let him see how messier it could get. I mean PLEASE also take the kids into account as well. As they are going to get in the long run more heavily effected by this.

• Maybe his complaining about your schedule is his way of asking you to make him more of a priority. I know loosing money is rarely an option but if the two of you sit down and you tell him you are willing to make changes if he can help you make cuts out of the budget so that you still feel secure and he won't feel overwhelmed by more financial burden then you may find an improvement. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made and there is no reason he should be the only one making them. Also you could try at least once a week doing something special for him in the bedroom (roleplay, dress up, BJ) it is the times he sees you try that he knows you don't really have the energy or desire to that will make him feel special which he will then return to you in other ways. Just if you do this you must appear to be enjoying it at least otherwise you just kill the mood.

• this is the kinda stuff that happens when you work around the clock.

• Well luckily for you you're a woman and divorce really has no consequences for you.

What Girls Said 1

• There is resentment in that you are not there at all to be his wife, but he doesn't seem to get a hold of the financial crisis you may be experiencing. If you can do without the extra workload so you can be home, I'd say you can try it for a bit. Play around with the bills and see where you can consolidate, save, or completely cut out. If it doesn't change the situation after a few months, then you can get your extra hours, save and tough it out until the end. At least you will have a good bit of money saved up to move on and care for your kids.