He broke up with me for a nonsense reason. Why?

Last month, August, we had a serious fight which leads to not talking to each other for consecutive days. Then yesterday, i asked him if we are still in a relationship. I asked him if he wants to continue our relationship even if it is not the same as before. He said, he doesn't want to continue our relationship. He doesn't feel me as a girlfriend. He doesn't know what he really feels.

He's the reason why we had a serious fight, why did he has the guts to be the first to break up with me? Do you think he's having an affair, cuz i can't think of any more reasons why. Said he loves me but then, why is it so easy for him to give up?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause constant fighting in relationship can cause loss of feelings.. So maybe he stopped loving you and moved on early... That's why he could breakup easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• He didn't break up with you over a nonsense reason. Not having feelings for your partner or having no desire to pursue anything anymore is a perfectly valid and normal reason to break up. Most people break up due to lack of feelings.

He likely has been feeling this way for a long time and the fight just triggered him to take action and get you away without having to confront you initially. It's not about him having more guts. He just isn't into the relationship anymore. It doesn't mean he's having a affair.

What Guys Said 1

• Fights over and over can result in relationships minor amnesia in severe cases where one party will forget completely why they fell in love with the other.

What Girls Said 2

• that just happened to me too. but we didn't have a fight or anything. he just starting acting cold and distant in Aug. finally just a few days ago I got so annoyed I sent as text saying "do u even like me anymore?" he said, "your cool, you're ok, I'm just going through some things." I haven't talked to him since. I have no reason to think he's is (was) cheating, so like your boyfriend, unless you have some legit proof or reason to think he's cheating I wouldn't assume that. I think my ex just was having mixed emotions and maybe isn't as into me as he was b4. maybe it's the same for your situation. but let me ask you, should I give my ex his bday present I got for him? it's nothing lavish or mushy, just stuff for his apartment. but his bday is wed. I thought maybe I'd just say (since we aren't fighting) "hey I got this for u b4 we decided to be friends, I'd like to give it to you still since we still cool". should I?

• Since you two were okay, i think its okay to give it to him. :) anyways, thank you for your response. I didn't ask him more the moment he broke up with me. I dont want to bother him anymore so here i am, trying to move on as soon as i can :'(

• give it some time. like my man (ex) was doing the same thing to me all through Aug. I refused to chase him so at one point we s
      went 9 days without speaking and we weren't even arguing. I just felt him being cold so I refused to initiate any contact. bc I figure if he loves me he'll have to show me. he caved. texted me. I won that text-off!! your man will do the same. just go no contact on him

• Yes yes! Its exactly the same thing that's happened to us. I used to chase him before, but i thought of some changes. I didn't chase him, i never texted or call or chat him. And now this is the result. He broke up with me. Funny isn't it. Haha. Karma will do the moves. I wish him good luck when bad karma strikes at him ^_^

• There's not enough information here. What was the serious fight about?

• Trust issues. I found out something on his phone which made me not to trust him anymore

• Oh boy. Why did you go through his phone? If you went through my phone, it would be over just like that!! And that in itself is a good reason to break up. So, he may just feel that you are too intense about this. And if there is trust issues and he clearly is not willing to work it out with you, then you have to let him go. It sucks, but never go through anyone's stuff.