How did you get over your first breakup? Who did the breaking up? And did you two keep in touch as good friends or moved on? Any tips on moving on?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• My first break up was probably the one when I was 16. I left him. It was a typical situation of us being best friends all through our childhood and then he developed a crush on me. I decided to give it a try and to see how we'll be romantically. The transition to best friends to lovers was just too difficult for us, too awkward and 3 months into the relationship he still hasn't even so much as touched my hands! I also lacked the romantic feelings and saw him as a good friend. We didn't really remain very close after that and we moved on. I still have fond memories of him though and the few times we've seen each other after that, there was no resentment.

Break ups are obviously harder where you get dumped. My worst one was last year where I had strong feelings for a guy who led me on for months. The best tips for me was to take time to grief (a week or a month or whatever works for you), to get back in the dating game soon (after 3 months I joined Tinder, went on many dates and ended up meeting the love of my life who I've been with for 9 months now). Also delete their number, delete them off social media and do not talk to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just time. When a breakup is fresh we tend to go overboard with the emotions but then we realize how irrational we were being over time. You just gotta get it out of your system.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know if it counts, but my first super Big crush (we never been in a relationship, but the whole school knew we liked each other, but 16 years old me had to play extremely hard to get) . I cried so much because he left the country and it took me 2 years to get fully over him AFTER the last time I saw him.
    I still get happy when my friends tell me they met him (in the airport or in his country) and he asked about me. This summer for example one of my bestfriends had a transit and they met in his country and he asked her how I was doing and he told her he likes me a lot, even 5 years after I wasn't indifferent when my friend told me that.
    There was never a break up to begin with because we never dated, but we liked each other a lot.

• I broke up with him.

We did not speak to each other for four years afterwards.

Of course, this was in 9th grade so...

• I ended the relationship on my first break up. We were young and not in love, but had crushes on each other. We're friends on Facebook now, but we don't talk really though.

But if you are having a hard time moving on from a break up, then I suggest you
    make a list of things that made you feel bad about that certain person.
    Things that that person did to you etc..
    It's cruel, but it works.

Best of luck!

• He dumped me because I told his friend he molested me and beat me. We didn't keep in touch and I'm going to punch him in the nose of I ever see him again lmfao
    I don't like perverts

• he made it very easy by showing who he really was after the break up.

What Guys Said 1

• It was pretty easily actually and yeah we stayed friends afterwards.