Are men who are getting a divorce emotionally unstable?

I got a friend and he's going through a divorce. I'm ready to tell him to hit the road and handle his business at home first. I don't want him as a friend or acquaintance anymore. It's like bipolar disorder. It is emotionally draining.

• Yes
  • No
And it's hard for me to ride this roller coaster when I'm starting to have feelings for him. And he's just coming back after ghosting me for 6 months. I think there is a lot of deep anger and disdain for him doing that to me. No explanation. No apologies. Nothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say of course they are emotionally unstable. You can tell him to hit the road but don't come back and try and date him later. I would say it's okay that he ghosted you only because if he's going through a divorce he may have been trying t save his marriage. But I would just call it quits if you have anger and disdain he will only drive you away because he wants emotional support.

Could you answer my question

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• Someone else said that. Six months of ghosting doesn't seem like he needs emotional support.

• I will make sure to say this again. Don't expect him to talk to you again when his divorce is finalized. You should just look at him as an acquaintance now.

• I completely understand. I kept asking myself if i can live with the consequences. i believe you're completely right. Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• does he still live with his wife? they have kids?

• Yes and one in college

• Because he is with his wife... U r an option...
      Disengage...
      You are putting too much emphasis on him... He is busy with his own life... Come to u for convinence... N u sit around windering... Months with no end...

What are you going to do now?

• thank you for most helpful answer.
      hope things work out for you. keep moving forward!!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 22

• Both men and women have a very difficult time with divorce. It is very common for them to be "weirded out" during that time. At my age, I have seen a lot of friends get divorced. The best route would be for them to get into some sort of counseling or support group to deal with it in an appropriate way, so they are not so draining to those around them. You might suggest this to him. I am sure it is not pleasant for YOU to have to face his issues.

• Some men ARE emotionally unstable! We just don't show it because we were raised to.
    But the answer you want is maybe. Can't know for sure until he opens up.

• Everyone handles stressful situations differently. Some people can cope with it and maintain a completely normal life and others break down like your friend

• Everyone is no matter how much they front give it a bit more time but if he ghosts again you gotta let him go, and move onto me, I mean... better things...

• While it may be hard to be around him know this. Divorce sucks and you can't expect it to bring out the best in him. Tell him that being around him is tiresome but at the same time you can also empathize with him and also acknowledge to him what he's going through is no picnic.

• It has nothing to do with being divorced
    Bi polar, living on a roller coaster

Advice : leave before casualties are permanent

• Depends on the mental stability of the person. Tell him to get therapy.

• not generally. you can fall out of love with a person. that doesn´t mean you´re mentally unstable. but it doesn´t foreclose the possibility of him being mentally unstable. i mean you can have bipolar anyway but you don´t need to have that in order to get divorced xD

• hardly. men who are divorcing are actually committing suicide at an epidemic rate-because of feminism. feminist "equality" means men get fucked in divorce, 7 to 1 odds in womens' favor.

that doesn't make him emotionally unstable, it makes the system one of institutionalized sexism in womens' favor 7 to 1.

precisely why men should not get married today. it's a scam.
    #feminismisnarcissism

• No fault state.

• meanwhile, many women are way too manly today... also due to feminism and highly unattractive

• I hear you but that seems to be what men go after. Men today seem to like women with tatooes who talk like sailors and demasculate them. These women get treated like royalty. If you want a man forever, you have to be a stupid dum slut who talks down to their man. Men really do not want good women. That is a lie placed on women since birth.

• Porbably around as much as the woman, it depends on the person really and how they deal with their shit.

• As one of the Fallen I can say I was never unstable. I was very much driven to revenge but too unmotivated to follow through. Plus things I thought at the time could usually get traced back to me.

• I'm not sure what the situation of your divorce is but to me it sounds like you mean the absolute world to him and he's very angry but that's just to hide how upset he is about you divorcing him.

• Thank you. However, I'm not the one divorcing him. I'm his friend.

• Oh my mistake on that part in that case I can see he's relying heavily on you emotionally so I suggest that you help and support him so he can reach a level where there's no need to feel worried about him doing anything terrible to himself. There's no need to date him or anything of the sorts just be there for as a friend. As annoying as it sounds it makes it easier to pull away without him noticing.

• Some are emotionally unstable, others are not.

• Probably not. I don't believe in marriage.

• You've completely and succinctly answered your own question. :)

• men are turning to murder and suicide
    cause of the corrupt government

there taking away there kids
    money to survive
    and freedom

I believe in the bible not a single scripture says the women is allowed to take the kids away from the father or money

on top of that if she does take the kids away its considered kidnapping and he can murder her if he chooses

most people don't know this cause they don't study

• and yes all this is connected to divorce and separation

• trust me hun i have my own issues im going through,
      and since i believe in GOD im going to give her a choice because that is what the lord would want

but depending on her choice,
      depends on the action i take, cause I will take the position of judgement that im allowed to do for what she has done

but i pray and hope GOD touches her heart so i won't have to cast judgement on her
      ill pray for you hun okay, cause no matter what the human race goes through sorrow and pain

• Thank you

• This just proves that women have no empathy. Even for friends.

• Not all some, except I'm not pushing or shutting anyone out. That's a sign of depression for him, it's completely understandable how your feeling As well. Unfortunately you are being collateral damage with all the events and problems he is going through. I've joined group counseling to help me coupe with everything that I'm going through right now. He needs some counseling help.

• I thought the same thing too. I've always felt he had some depression going on.

• thats why i dont have "female friends"

• no dont think so

• It depends, really. It's too broad to say like this.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Well I would imagine that divorce sucks so yeah he probably is gonna have low lows and high highs but to ditch someone for that sounds pretty selfish. Just try to take breaks for you inbetween his needs and be a friend.

• Not necessarily. Being emotionally unstable isn't specific to men or to people who get divorced.

• I think most people in general are rather emotionally unstable when they are separating from the person they used to think was their greatest love.

• Yes thats why I do not date divorced men

• Ok this is just your friend why you assuming all men become unstable emotionally because of your friend Jesus. Obviously he going to be upset it's a divorce then don't be friends with him then.

• I can understand upset but it's how he's reacting toward me which is unsettling.

• Well, many of us feel he suffers depression. I can't be friends with someone who I've started to develop feelings for. I think ghosting me for 6 months makes me think he does not care after coming everyday. Guess what? He ghosted me again after coming on strong for a week. I can't do this. I at a point where I'm having feelings. I think maybe out of sight out of mind. I can't be around him as a friend and I can't be around him cause he's still married.

• This is why you add in all the info don't just half the story jesus then don't be friends with him like I said

• Are you serious?