What went wrong in our mutual breakup?

Ok so me and my ex had been dating for around 11 months and we were doing really great up until summer hit. He was a great, funny guy I met in the beginning of the year and we hit it off even though he was a bit younger. By the summer we were barely seeing each other at all and I felt like I was forcing him to see me, but I really didn't want to do that to him. He seemed to purposefully spend less time with me even though when we did it get like we were having a great time. Before this all happens he would call and text all the time, and then all of a sudden nothing. I tried really hard not to freak out and I gave him tons of space. I even told him we only had to hang out once a week ( we're in college btw). But he seemed to be forcing himself to seem happy with me.

So then I finally had a talk with him, and I told him that I didn't feel he was into our relationship anymore. I didn't want him to be unhappy. He just seemed so unsure and told me he just wanted me to be happy. He even told the best girlfriend he'd ever had. But I let him decide what to do and he gussed we should part ways. We decided we'd be friends after our no contact period. But of course I'm feel like I'm hurting more because I really did want it to work.

I guess im just wondering if I did anything wrong and does he possibly even miss me or care (in a guy's opinion)? Or would he even want to get back together? To be honest it's been a few weeks and I've come to terms with the fact that we won't get back together and I'm moving on. Right now I'm just trying to sort through my emotions. I really tried to do everything I could to make him happy and I'm just confused as to what went wrong.

Thank you guys for any advice

11

What Guys Said 1

• I'd move on. I'm betting your a pretty woman like most. there's better ones, that won't cold sholder you after 6 months. Woman that question, don't need to with a real guy that likes you. Too many questions, is more games I feel.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you did anything wrong, I just think he must have lost interest in the relationship earlier than the break up - possibly when you first started noticing that he didn't text/spend time with you etc etc.

He was too pussy to tell you straight and break up, so he decided to try and keep you at arms length so you would be the one to suggest the break up. I'm really sorry to say this but I don't think he would want to get back together. I think you deserve someone who wouldn't do this to you anyway. No one does.