Do you think two people can get back together successfully after a break up?

Personally, I've been in this kind of situation. But the relationship never lasted. My perspective at the moment is "a break up is a break up is a break up".

What are your opinions?

To make it clear, most of us have experienced it at least once when we try to "make things work"

Thoughts on the success rate?

1111

Most Helpful Girl

• Couples do break every so often and then rekindle but I've found that it rarely lasts in the long run. In my experience I have found that they break, do other things, but the feelings are still there, so they reunite, break up again, yada, yada, yada. I think break ups don't finalise feelings but going round in circles a few times trying to make it work exhausts those feelings and they call it quits, permanently.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• I see things this way once a ex always a ex and i never get back cause there is reason why the break up happens.

• An ex is an ex for a reason. I don't understand those who go crawling back

• Actions! People can change. But bad change, doesn't last long. Because bad habits can arise over time.

• I have thought repeatedly about going back to my ex-fiancée. I'm thinking about it right now, even.

Our breakup wasn't typical. She still cares about me, and I care about her, but I had faith issues as a traditional Catholic, and I fell away from the church. I initiated the breakup, because I didn't feel like I was good enough for her.

The issues would still be there, but it's up to me to conquer them. She genuinely loved me (and I her) and our marriage would be for a lifetime. We are also both inexperienced with sex, which is not a match I would find again at my age.

• It is possible, but it sure isn't for everyone xD

• Not really. An ex broke up with me four times. Still calls crying about it.

• Real lovers always break up

• What does this mean?

• They break up and get back and then realize they can't break up
      They wouldn't have known unless they tried to break up

• Yes, if they want it to work

• I agree. Getting back together is a mistake. The same issues will still be there.

• i don't know I'll tell you in a few weeks
    assuming im alive

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• I never broke up with anyone. I think if you were meant to be together, you would do everything and anything to stay together no matter what. I have had fights with my husband but I don't cheat on him, crash or damage his car or physically try to kill him. I just take a long walk and cool off and move on. People who don't know how to move on, they don't respect you or your feelings. If they are not willing to forgive and work on the relationship, once they get out they are gone. I would never take back someone who tried to kill me, cheated on me, or tried to smash my property. So disrespectful and immature.

• There's a reason why people get back together. What they once had was so important to them, they know they will never find that connection in another person. It's not called "crawling back" it's called following your heart. Sometimes it breaks your heart all over again if it doesn't work out... that's what I'm going through right now (please answer my latest question) but sometimes it's even better the second time around - things just make more sense.

• depends on how or why it ended in the first place. I read a lot of stuff from relationship experts and they say 95% of relationships are salvageable, they may even end up being stronger than b4 if you can pinpoint what went wrong and both parties want to work on it. however, if there was intense daily fighting, constant cheating it may not be worth saving. I think everyone who has read my stuff knows I'm working on getting my ex back right now. we never fought, no cheating, and that's what hurts the most bc I have no idea what happened and I love him. But he texted me last night and I was so freaking happy. even though we haven't gotten back 2gether (1) it shows he was thinking about me & missing me (2) it was Saturday night so it made me realize that he wasn't on a date or with another girl. I'm reading ex boyfriend recovery right now.

• Yes if it really was a mistake, but most of the time its not a good idea.

• I think it depends on why. If it was something that can change or be forgiven with time, sure. If it was something that was unforgivable or a clash running deeply into the relationship because of lifestyle choices and/or personailty differences, probably not.
    In the end though, even if the two people could solve all the issues they had before and forgive, they have to both want it. Sadly, by the time the issues have been solved, most times at least one party has moved on and/or doesn't feel that type of connection anymore.
    So yes, it is possible, not guaranteed to work out, but possible. Just unlikely to even happen is all.

• No once you break up its over, the thing that may you break up in the first place is still there and such will break that couple up again.

• Yup totally agree. In my previous relationship, we broke up for 5 months, got back together for another year, and now we are currently broken up yet again with a bunch of little breaks in between. An ex is an ex for a reason.

• not according to my experience

• It depends... I've seen it happen.

• Most people don't get back together after a breakup, but I've know people who have and their relationship became stronger

The only way it would survive after getting back together is if they both talk openly about the reasons it initially ended. Then come to a resolution or compromise on the issues they previously had. Plus , they'd both need to change how they repond and react in the future when faced with new , or similar issues which caused them to breakup in the first place