Why would an ex who dumped you swipe right on tinder?

I am 20 and he is 24. We were together for over a year and the break up was super vague and just didn't add up. It happened over text and he just stopped replying to me and couldnt even give the decency to call me. I thought he was going after another girl and it looked like he did a month after the break up. We broke up 4 months ago and it was really really rough on me. He would not give my belongings back because he wouldn't talk to me and I removed him from facebook and deleted his number. I think now I am in a much better place and feel like I'm finally moving on. I downloaded tinder this week just for an ego boost and surprisingly came across my ex... I didn't know what to do so I closed the app. I assumed he swiped left because I didn't see him for a while on the app again and then his profile showed up. I just didn't want to swipe at all. It's almost like if he keeps popping up in my "left or right" feed, that tells me that he swiped right. I've been doing this throughout the day and still see him and he keeps changing things on his profile so I know he's had to have seen me by now. Him being on tinder tells me that things didn't go as he had hoped with the girl so now he's looking elsewhere, maybe it's just sex, who knows. My question is: why swipe on an ex when you were the one who ended the relationship which did not end on good terms? We have not spoken in 4 months. I feel like tinder is not the place for us to "re-connect" I feel like if he really wanted to fix things, he would take action and actually do something. What do you think and what should I do?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Tinder will show you matched with people in your area, but that doesn't necessarily mean they definitely swiped right on you (though you're right, chances are they did because they'll keep showing up so you can make a decision on them). He's probably curious about you, and he probably is just looking for sex or companionship and on Tinder if you swipe right back, then it's almost like a green light for him to try and hit you up again. If you don't want to reconnect with him, just swipe left and forget about it.

• My thing is that I have tried contacting him on different platforms after the break up and he never replied. I feel like if he wanted to reach out to me, he's figure out a way. I don't think tinder is the appropriate way to reconnect if we did.

• I agree with you, but like I said you don't know for sure that he swiped right on you in the first place. And even if he did he might have done it by accident, or he might have done it just because you knew each other, it doesn't always mean something.

• Thanks for MH!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• a lot of dudes on tinder swipe right nonstop no matter what and never take the time to actually look at the picture first. you know as a guy you can't really be choosy when it comes to these things and you best believe I'm talking from experience.

anyways I gave up on that app, I thought that shit was a joke.

What Girls Said 1

• Tinder doesn't keep popping up profiles just because you think someone swiped left. Idont assume he swiped right for you. But you need to swipe left, or swipe right just for the heck if it and then you'll truly know your answer. Other than that, leave him be. You deserve better.