How to best act around an ex you loved who you work with?

My ex and I broke up after 11 months together. She dumped me. I really thought I had found the person I was going to spend my future with. It hurts to even see her. Right now we avoid each other as much as possible and barely talk. Should I focus on continued no-contact? Should I try to act like I'm doing fine and I'm over it? What's the best way to treat her?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be friendly but superficial with her. Ignoring her shows you haven't moved on.

It's difficult when you work with her, because you're bound to feel awkward around her , but you don't want to cause an uncomfortable working environment for yourself. So speak if you have to, but don't go out of your way to initiate contact

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes I wonder if I want to show to her whether she meant a lot to me and how much this has affected me. Other times I think I should seem like I'm doing great and I don't need her. And other times I wonder why do I even think about this?

• Thanks for the MHO

• If she's moved on from you then it'll be falling on "deaf ears" , so she won't value your feelings. You'd end up even more hurt

Most Helpful Guy

• However works best for your emotions, don't fake it. If you it's best to avoid her and talk to her when necessary then I would do that. After awhile you will find it less awkward and be able to talk. One of the reason why it's risky dating someone at your job.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Treat her how you did before you got together.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!