How to best act around an ex you loved who you work with?

My ex and I broke up after 11 months together. She dumped me. I really thought I had found the person I was going to spend my future with. It hurts to even see her. Right now we avoid each other as much as possible and barely talk. Should I focus on continued no-contact? Should I try to act like I'm doing fine and I'm over it? What's the best way to treat her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be friendly but superficial with her. Ignoring her shows you haven't moved on.

It's difficult when you work with her, because you're bound to feel awkward around her , but you don't want to cause an uncomfortable working environment for yourself. So speak if you have to, but don't go out of your way to initiate contact

• Sometimes I wonder if I want to show to her whether she meant a lot to me and how much this has affected me. Other times I think I should seem like I'm doing great and I don't need her. And other times I wonder why do I even think about this?

• Thanks for the MHO

• If she's moved on from you then it'll be falling on "deaf ears" , so she won't value your feelings. You'd end up even more hurt

Most Helpful Guy

• However works best for your emotions, don't fake it. If you it's best to avoid her and talk to her when necessary then I would do that. After awhile you will find it less awkward and be able to talk. One of the reason why it's risky dating someone at your job.

What Girls Said 1

• Treat her how you did before you got together.

What Guys Said 0