Would you be really nice to an ex and do them favors genuinely?

Today I locked my keys I'm my car at work and, my co-worker was going to help me but my ex (we work together) insisted he'd help me (he told my co-worker not me). So i let him and sure enough he got them out. He also advised that my tire looked low and to be careful. Then he asked how I was doing and told me how he has an interview with another company sometime next week etc. I wished him luck. My question is would you be overly friendly to an ex even do them favors that require... patience and effort without wanting something in return? Thanks.

317

Most Helpful Guy

• If things ended in good terms because maybe things didn't work out, yes i would help her out even if it was me the one who screwed up i would still do my best to help her out if she needed some assistsnce. And of course i would be normal and be myself without expecting anything in return.
    But if things ended real bad and she was the one who screwed up then hells no i wouldn't help her unless i get something in return!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I wouldn't refuse to help him in any matter.
    And regarding your situation, he did it out of care. Think about it. There was already a person who offered a hand to help you out. However, however your ex had interfered and told him not to. This an instinct every male in this planet has, to protect what is his or something he cares about

• I know that's what I thought too... as far as him taking charge, u know. Bu I'm I'm serious about moving on so I try to avoid him cuz I know it'll jus be history repeating itself

• Thanks tho girlie =)

• He didn't do it out of care because somone else was goinh to help her and he wouldn't let them. He can't handle other guys veibg around his ex

What Guys Said 16

• Nope. I would not.

• yes absolutely

• Fuck no.

• No favors or anything in return just being friendly and jealous at the same time. Even though I'm not with you doesn't mean I want some guy I have to see everyday with you or even having a thought of you two alone. Men are jealous also remember

• You're hot

This message has been endorsed by Jeb Bush

• If you truly care about them. I think so, yes.

• As long as we were amicable, yup. I do things for my most recent ex constantly. (Monthly, in fact.)

• i do favors for my exes including stuff like lockout assistance. why not

• Maybe if I didn't screw me over in the past relationship.

• Yep, I never had a bad break up actually

• oh ok sorry this was a bad break up lol we r always on and off. I'm actually only cordial with him because I've let go of the past and moving on, for, good this time

• What's wrong with being nice. I would help any ofmy X's

• if it didn't end on terrible terms, and you guys are still friends than its normal.

• Yes, I'm good with all my exes

• you are his ex he has some care for you

• Yes of course! Depends on how the relationship ended. If it was a mutual things and we're still good friends than yes.

• It wasn't lol as far as he knew i was, still upset

• No.

I have zero contact with my exes.

Once we break up, they don't exist in my life anymore.

• I found that this helped me as well with some and with others I could talk and spend time with them... no problem. It always depended on how close the bond was.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't. it sounds like he probably wants you back or at least still cares for you

• If we're on friendly terms, then yes, I'd do them favors genuinely. To me, an ex doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad. Sometimes, we break up because things/situations just aren't working out for us romantically.

• Thanks. Actually we never established friendship and he "knew" i was, still upset and, thought negative of him. Still to this moment he STILL a bad guy to me. Nothing will ever change my mindset. I just forgiven him thats all

• Then you need to tell him that you don't like it, like... "I'd appreciate it if you'd please stop. I appreciate the kind gesture, but no, would do. Thank you."
      Something along those lines...

• I created a new question regarding ur theory cuz, i feel the same way too about him redeeming himself. I just don't understand why he won't let me be now. Anyway thanks girl