How would you feel if your partner were to pack up their things and left while you were at work?

You come home from work to see that your SO's things are gone; their clothes, items, etc. The apartment, house, whatever have you is dark. It was so sudden; there was no signs from your partner showing that the relationship was in danger. What would you do? How would you feel? Would you contact them? Move on?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It certainly would be a total shock. It may take me a few days to get through them leaving so suddenly and no explanation. I'm not sure what I would do other than be totally confused for a while. How long is a "while"? Hard to say. Maybe months.

Eventually, I would do my best to get back to a sense of normalcy. Of course, I would try to contact them, but if nothing worked, the only thing I could do was to go on with my life. I've long since realized you can't make someone stay with you or make them like you. But to be left so suddenly, with unanswered Q's, it would be difficult at first to go on, but I would.

• What if it came down to you having to mistreat your partner? But they never bothered to express their discomfort?

• Your answer was what I was looking for; I thank you graciously for answering it the way I had asked the question. I'm happy that you have been able to find a more suited partner and I congratulate you on your anniversary. I hope I'll have an anniversary that will celebrate years of commitment and love. Thank you very much!! :)

• You're still very young and have a lot of life to live ahead of you. Don't give up. I hope you find that one guy who'll give you his whole heart. Look forward to the many adventures you both can share. One step at a time. There were some days it was 5 minutes at a time. You'll get there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. I would move on! Let him/her figure out why it's not bothering you.
    If this person was on the lease and was supposed to pay half the rent then just take care of that in court or just pay it yourself. It will kill you for a while but this Action speaks for itself. This person wanted out and they got out. Don't give them the satisfaction of hearing you cry, beg or ask why? Sorry it happened this way.

• Some people may not be used to that type of treatment and may feel that it is something that cannot be changed in a person. Or maybe beyond the mistreatment the person may feel as if nothing they do can make this person happy so they walk. if you already know the cause and are willing to make changes then attempt to make contact, but if someone left this way, they must have been hell scared and best thing to do is evaluate and carry on. Make sure this is not done to the next person.

• This is only a scenario; this literally has nothing to do with me. I'm saying that what if you had mistreated your partner and they left out of the blue while you're at work. Your partner never bothered to bring up the problems before. I'm only seeing how people would respond and compare them each.

What Guys Said 1

• Fuck them. Good luck trying to find someone better. Their loss. Don't really care enough for it to hurt. You want to hang, cool. You want to leave, bye bye!

What Girls Said 1

• A friend of mine went through that with a woman he proposed to. He said it took him some time to get through it but it had to push himself to not hold on to her.

I'm sorry if this happened to you.

• This is only a scenario; this literally has nothing to do with me. I'm saying that what if you had mistreated your partner and they left out of the blue while you're at work. Your partner never bothered to bring up the problems before. How would you react? What would you do?

• Oh gotcha.

I would be mad, hurt, worried about them. I would try to figure out where they were and hope that they would be willing to talk about what happened.