Where do I stand? What do I do now?

My ex and I used to be so happy before, but there was this huge problem that stuck with us and made us become distant. It grew and we decided to break up because we needed to figure out who we wanted to be before being together. At first it was hard for me because I wasn't used to it, but as time went by, I began to live with it and finally stopped depending on him. I became independent, and I loved myself more. My ex, on the other hand, he always felt "guilty" every day because of all the times that he's hurt me. But I told him that he has nothing to feel guilty about because I let it all go, him hurting me emotionally does not affect me anymore. And just recently he told me that he's starting to take interest in another girl. When I asked how he felt about me, he said "I know I like you, I just don't feel it". I got so confused because there were so many things happening with him. All I told him was to just focus on yourself before doing anything, even if that meant liking me. I've been very accepting of him wanting to be away from me. Whenever it gets hard, I do everything to help him. Whenever he wants space, I give it to him. All I ask is for him to be my friend. But I don't feel so appreciated. One time we were arguing about him feeling guilty so I left and told his guy friends to help him out because maybe he just didn't want to talk to me. After he said, "Why would you do that? I didn't want that". But then the next day he tweeted saying "Thank you to all my friends helping me out" I don't know what I should do anymore... I don't even hate him for taking an interest in someone else...

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• You seem like a really nice and helpful person. But even the most helpful can't help someone who is helpless or someone that doesn't want to be helped. So honestly I think that u should move on with ur life and go meet new people just like him. it will make u feel better fr. You two can still be friends, but just know that you've moved on and he has as well. So go live ur own life, you go meet new people just like he met new people

• I didn't get to add this but he told me that he's not really feeling it for the other girl, and he kept saying that he's most likely not gonna talk to her. And that he still likes me, just doesn't feel it. What does that mean?

• he probably still likes u but maybe he doesn't feel all the mutual intimate feelings that he once felt for u when u two were together. Lol if he talks to u frequently he'll probably start liking you again though.

• Wow your really nice... my spouse divorced me because I wasn't emotional all the way there for her and because of my stress I'd push her away by shutting down. I asked her for marriage counseling she said no. She told me she wanted to be friends but she hasn't reached out to me. I have and save treats me like a complete stranger. So I admire you reaching out to him and being a strong person. Just be there for each other but don't continue to get hurt.

What Girls Said 1

• If I don't know where I stand with someone then I stop standing and start walking. People become emotionally vulnerable when they are unsure of where they stand with someone they care about.

If he cared about youthen he'd ensure you knew exactly where your place was in his life. You should totally distance yourself from him. If he cares, he'll notice. If not, then you'll know exactly where you do stand with him