"If you love me let me go": would you be able to do it?

If you love someone lots but you know that you're not the one for them, and you'll only make them suffer. Would you let that person go, even though it's very hard and painful for you?

43

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have, and yes it was painful very much. You see people can be in love, but not get to be together for many reasons, and it hurts. It is painful. But sometimes the cost of that love to others can be even more painful, so you have to decide, and sometimes those decisions crush you. To do the selfless thing, I have had to let someone go that was probably the true love of my life... the pain never goes away, you think about them, but time makes it easier...

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, I would let her go but always follow her quietly

• Yes, I would, and I have done that. It was difficult, but it was the right thing to do.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I would; I'd rather see them happy than miserable.. seeing them happy makes me happy and I'd only want what's best for them :)

• yes
    this was the case with my most recent ex
    he deserves happiness and i deserve to be able to move on, even if it hurts

• If they asked I'd let them go without hesitation.