Do you think people should break-up via text/social media?

With the way society is these days, do you think it is good to break-up with someone via text/social media or do you think they should still do it face-to-face?

• Yes
  • No

44

Most Helpful Guy

• In todays age, anything other than face to face should be last resort assuming the relationship is actually official. If you've just been seeing eachother, but never got together. Simply telling them over the phone you don't want to see them anymore is acceptable if it's relatively new. If you've been seeing someone 8 months or you two made it official the other person deserves that face to face.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly it depends.

If two people were together (let's say Person A and Person B) for just a couple weeks and it hadn't gotten serious at all, I think it's fine for either A or B to call the relationship off.

If A and B had been together for more than 3 weeks and it wasn't serious at all, both A or B can call off the relationship but should do it over the phone.

If A was in love with B, and B knew that but wanted to break up, then B should not break up over text or social media. B can call A to break it off, but they should meet up somewhere so B can do it in person.

If B was in love with A, and A knew that but wanted to break up, then A should not break up over text or social media. A can call B to break it off, but they should meet up somewhere so A can do it in person.

If B and A were in love with eachother but they knew they shouldn't be together, the break up should absolutely not happen through text or email. They should go out to lunch or something and talk about it in person.

If A and B were in a long distant relationship, and one or both of them wanted to break up, they should do it over the phone or video chat. Definitely not over social media or text. They should video chat but if they can't video chat they should definitely do it over the phone.

If A and B are in a long distant relationship with no access to video chat and aren't able to call eachother, then they can do it through text or messaging apps.

To make it simpler, the only times it's okay to cut off relationships over text are if they are in a long distant relationship with no other way to communicate or if they were only together for 3 weeks and it hadn't gotten serious.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• People truthfully overplay the face-to-face thing. Honestly, any way that gets the message across should suffice

• It's better than driving all the way to tell the person it's over.

• I actually think it's okay. I had a girlfriend who sent me a text message to let me know she was done. I was fine with that; I wasn't about to waste any more time driving someplace to be dumped in person.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends. If I'd been I'm a long -term relationship with him I'd end it face to face. If he was a guy I'd only dated a few times I'd just text him.

• No.
    People have no social skills these days. Who on earth thinks that is acceptable?

• Of course not, that shows the guy/girl being a coward and disrespectful. Why people find that is acceptable. Grow up and tell to the person face that he or she is no longer interested.