How to break up with a guy?

This guy is nice, but I just don't feel that spark with him.

He is so thoughtful, lovely and kind. I do not want to break his heart, as I know his feelings for me are strong, but some reason I just feel the connection.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, just break up with him, tell him the same thing you told us here & try not to do one of the following :

- string him along for months
    - tell him one excuse after another
    - keep him in the loop
    - find his replacement & then give him the boot

Tell him that you aren't feeling the spark anymore and you think that's it for you guys. That way he can move forward with his life instead of wasting anymore time, money & effort on you, the sooner the breakup occurs the better it is.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• Tell him the truth.

• It sounds like he has lost your passion and interest by being too nice. There must have been a reason you got together with him in the first place! Be warned, if you are looking for something more exciting it might be less reliable. Give him a chance to sort it out. But either way, talking face to face is the only way to do it, no matter how difficult, it's down to basic human self-respect

• Tell him what you're telling us.

• Don't break his heart.

• How do I break up with him without breaking his heart then?

• You tell him that you don't know what you want, you don't ask to be friends, and you be firm when he goes all soppy and pathetic.

• Just tell him there's no spark.

• Just tell him you are busy with life right now and don't want to date anyone

What Girls Said 1

• Sit him Down and Tell him you have been Doing some Serious thinking Here, dear. Explain to him that you have Decided that you Don't wish to Be in a Real Relationship right now and would Love it if you Both could Be... Friends.
    Good luck. xx