Breaking up before University?

My Boyfriend and I started dating in the 11th grade. We date for a little over 2 years. Since the beginning we knew that he was planning to stay here for education and i was flying out to the US for at least 4-5 years. He was very keen on long distance until he realised that he won't be coming to the US anytime soon and long-distance doesn't make sense.
Initially i didn't agree but I did because I didn't want to be tied down and long-distance is quite hard. We met and spoke and ended it on very good terms. He said he doesn't want this but we don't have another choice. We decided that we both want to still talk and be friends. Besides, I'm leaving for UNI next year. He said if he hangs on to me any longer he won't be able to let go and I agree it'll be more painful if we don't end it now.
We decided not to talk for at least a week after and when either of us is ready we'd call. He was really upset about it all and throughout our relationship he has been nothing but amazing and so loving it was perfect.
It's been 9 days since and he hasn't called. I did text him once inbetween to let him know my exam scores but that was it. He deleted our photos off social media sites and I felt bad but, it had to be done.
I keep breaking down because I have to force my feelings away and I just, wonder if he will actually call me because he has a good control over his emotions and hiding them.
I dont know how to get past this.. Our relationship was so perfect and now we both are just, over. It's so painful.

• I should call him if I feel like
  • I should wait for him to call and not give in
Select a gender to cast your vote:

02

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably never going to call. His feelings for you are strong as ever and so being friends would just be too hard. It'll be easier if you guys just cut all contact. Girls seem to be able to force themselves to move on but guys take years to get over a girl. Sometimes guys never move on from a break up ever.

• It's just, he changed sides suddenly. He used to be the one convincing me about doing long distance and seeing a future with me and then suddenly after talking to his family and a few days of thinking he changed his mind in 4 days. I feel a little betrayed

• He told one of our mutual friends that, he doesn't want to call me so soon because he is scared itll unsettle me, ruin how much ever I have moved on so far. He is very good at hiding his emotions but he knows im very expressive about it

What Guys Said 1

• Don't call. Each day gets a little easier until you don't even think about them

• Yeah but, I keep getting tempted to call because he changed sides suddenly. He used to be the one convincing me about doing long distance and seeing a future with me and then suddenly after talking to his family and a few days of thinking he changed his mind in 4 days. I feel a little betrayed and I want to call and get an answer to this change

• You just want an excuse. Dont give itself one

What Girls Said 0