Ex liked my Facebook status. What does that possibly mean?

My boyfriend and I broke up 3 weeks ago and it's been hard, he's somebody I planned a future with :( I miss him like crazy but he walked away so... yeah. Today I posted on Facebook 'I desperately wish that I didn't miss you ', and he liked it immediately. What could that possibly mean? It's probably nothing and I should move on but it's hard. When you're going through a heartbreak you tend to look for any sign of hope :(

33

Most Helpful Guy

• seriously? you wrote a facebook status about him ofcourse he's going to like it. I know it's hard i went through a break up after 5 years and an engagement but seriously. Posting facebook status like that is really poor form. Just focus on your own life, do things that make you happy, a hobby, sign up to the gym. Do something to occupy your mind and stop attention seeking for him back. There are so many guys out there, sure some are f* wits but some are pretty good. Move on

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you want it to mean more than what it does because you are obviously very hopeful and "missing him like crazy". Unless he's outright asking for you back and making an initiative to resolve the situation, then it means nothing. It means nothing more than him simply being nosey and taking advantage of the fact that you are still inviting and including him into your space even though he left you. No offense girl, but the begging, groveling FB posts are embarrassing. Especially if you don't know if he's seeing someone else, talking to someone else, or in the beginning stages of pursuing a romance with someone else.

• Thanks for the advice. I realized that it was embarrassing, so I took the post down

• You're welcome. I know it's tough, but it will get better. You just have to give yourself the time and space away from him to go through the process of grief because even though he didn't die, this was a form of loss now that he's no longer what he used to be to you. When you have a breakup, it's always best to delete and block them from your social media because continuing to include and invite them into your world will slow down your healing process. When they have the chance to be as nosey as they'd like and reach out whenever they want and vice versa, it's going to constantly be a roadblock in you moving forward. So it's very important to let yourself go through all stages of grief accordingly: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I was once you, holding onto the completed relationship I hoped to still have. I ended up doing it for years, essentially prolonging my bargaining process to the point where I had other opportunities that went untaken.

• We only have so much time alive on this planet. We have to know when to walk away and stop holding onto things that are finished.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• im pretty sure it means that he liked your facebook status

• It means he liked your Facebook status.

What Girls Said 2

• It's nothing. If it was just a like and he didn't text you afterwards or say anything to you, I wouldn't look too deep into it.

• i often don't like the "like" button. i think if they got rid of it, it would force people to talk more

• I'd say that he agrees. He wishes u didn't miss him.