Why does my ex still contact me?

Ok, so I know that I am probably not the first person to ask this question, but any advice I receive would be appreciated, so me and the jerk were together for 2 years in which I played the role of sucker and he played the role of cheater, and yet I loved him to the depths of my soul, we broke up because God finally hit me in the head with a hammer and told me to wake up, he decided to move to a city with the girl that her was cheating on me with, all the time I still loved him deeply, I didn't hear from him for 8 months, I was over the pain of the breakup but it still hurt, and now these past few weeks, he has been sending emails and IM's saying how much he has missed me, he has spent nights crying thinking about me, but he is still with her, he apologized for hurting me but says that he wants to stay in touch to see how things are going and so that we can be friends, so my question is, Does he have ulterior motives and he wants to keep me in pain and on the back burner in case they don't work out ? or is he being serious in his feelings and I should try to have a friendship with him, without wishing that he would burn in hell, I tired asking him and he says I'm being paranoid.

Most Helpful Girl

• For starters YOUR NOT being paranoid. There are two part's to my answer first I DO think he may have ulterior motives this goes back to you wondering if he's just trying to keep you on the back burner in case things don't work out with him and his current ''newbie''. I don't by the whole he spent nights crying thinking of you. . Where were his tear's when he was hurting you ? Ugh . .Some guys suck because they ALWAYS know what they want , but are 2 damn selfish to see what's real and then its our faults. He knows he didn't want to be with you , he knows it hurt ,( You) but you asking question's makes you paranoid , some damn nerve. Why the hell is he telling you he misses you now ? Is the grass not greener ? Does he think your world still revolves around him ? Second part to my answer probably wouldn't be defined as a question , more of a comment / question . First what do you want ? Can you see this man being back in your life ? If you still can Why ? And seriously consider every reason possible. And second because he seems to be being sneaky ( I mean he does have a girl) do you really want to be the girl who dishes with someone Else's guy ? I'm not saying something is going to happen , but he seems like he has a few trick up his sleeves . Be careful, but be smart.