Ex-girlfriend wants to be with me... WHAT DO I DO?

Ex-girlfriend has a boyfriend!
It has been over a year and I have been in a few relationships since the break up and have been improving on myself, going to the gym and doing what makes me happy.
We caught up over dinner and the following night we got drunk at a party together. I ended up staying the night at her house and we established we still had feelings for one another and given the opportunity it would be great to give things another go. We later spoke about the situation we had found ourselves in and she told me she liked me and wanted to be with me, all the while she is still with this other guy!
She said she didn't want the same life her current partner did and she was getting bored of him. She hasn't left him as of yet because she "doesn't want to hurt anyone."
We saw one another a couple more times, she helped me with work that I was having trouble with and we hit it off quite well.
We talked about it again and decided we would put it on hold until she has figured things out with this other guy.
I told my mates about it. Then at a party she denied anything happened between us. Since then I have stopped contacting her to give her space. I have been putting distance between us when we see one another in person, with the random joke here and there, but I believe she still has feelings.
I've spoken to a few people about it and some say I should go for it saying I have a chance if she breaks up with her current partner and others say I should move on and at this point I am so confused about it all. I know for certain I want her back! Any advice to help get the ball in my court? Please and thank you.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• To me it seems like she does not know what she wants. And it is extremely low of her to be admitting having any feelings towards you while she is still in a relationship and keeping this other guy in the dark about it. An ex is an ex for a reason. It is very easy to forget about all the bad times of a relationship when you start missing someone. But maybe you should go back and reflect on the relationship you had with her and try to remember why it didn't work out the first time. And if you still feel like you want her back, give her an ultimatum, either you or him and she should decide quickly because it's inevitable that someone is going to get hurt, so better do it now rather than later.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she is with someone and says she wants you trust me no matter how much you think she cared or still cares she will cheat on you when she gets with you.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, she doesn't seem like the kind of gal that will be loyal to you either. I mean she has a boyfriend and she's talking to you behind his back. That says A LOT about how she will treat you in the long run. I say move on. She isn't worth the time or energy. Good luck! :)

• She seems to have no idea what she really wants and she's essentially cheating on this guy with you so you know she's capable of that. My advice is to stay away.

• Move on. She's confusing. I wouldn't want to deal with that. If she really wanted to break up with him, she would do it in a heartbeat. Plus it's messed up that she denied it. She's making you look like a liar. Try to get over her. It's for the best.

• Just do it!!!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!