How can I end a toxic relationship?

So my boyfriend and I have been together for many years now. However, the last two years of our relationship he has been very controlling and over protective to the point where he deleted all the male friends i have from instagram, snapchat and any social media for that matter. He also said i couldn't talk to guys or even look at them. Sometimes he says this "jokingly" but I know he means it. There are many other things that he did in the past that are intolerable as well. He gets mad when i got out with my friends and I don't know lately everything he does makes me mad. It is making me be like him and i feel like I love him still but I don't know if its the thought of him that i love or if i think i love him.

Either way, I dont know how to tell him I dont feel like this is a healthy relationship for me or how to approach him about the way he is. At the moment we dont have any problems other than that.

I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• This is definitely an unhealthy relationship and it's obvious from your words and from his actions as well. I don't know how you have lived with such a boyfriend till now. Surprising, you should have broken up with him long ago.

I really doubt there is a way to fix a relationship where a partner is like a " HITLER" trying to control your every move, I don't think it can be fixed. Such controlling hardly ever change, even if they do chances are very slim and by trying to fix you will only be inviting more pain and dissapointments for yourself.

The best solution is to end this relationship and walk away from him.

Now you said you don't if you love the thought of him or if you love him? I am not sure what you are trying to say here, but if you doubt you love him or not, then it means the thought of you leaving him has already entered your mind.

There is a link as well, hopefully it helps:

www.anewmode.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• If he really loved you he would trust you girl...

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• You tell him what you told us, that you love him, but his behavior is intolerable and you just can't deal with it anymore. It's toxic, and it's negatively impacting your enjoyment of the relationship and life in general, and so you want to end it.

• It will change, for the worse. He'll continue to get more and more controlling so you have a decision

• Don't confront him if you think he could turn violent. If you think he can talk it out rationally tell him how the controlling behaviors you mentioned make you feel and you need them to change. I would just leave and not even try to talk something like that out it shows a lack of trust and maturity on his part.

• End it by breaking up... easy. If your looking for unique ideas might I suggest light a scarescrow with his face attached and wearing his clothes on fire in his frontyard. He'll get the memo

• just do it cold turkey. lose his number, block him.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!