Is it normal to feel a sense of loneliness once a month?

Hi GaG,

So, here's a basic rundown of my personal scenario:
I haven't had a girlfriend for a and my ex-girlfriend and I have completely lost contact with eachother after being close bestfriends for 5 years previously, so there is a large hole for someone to fill. It was a shit break up.

Ever since the break up, it's been difficult and I often think about how I don't have that close female friend/girlfriend anymore. That someone to talk to every night and have all to myself.

I'm usually a pretty energetic, cheery guy that laughs a lot, so I don't know why I get like this sometimes.

I'm also trying to get rid of an addiction which does affect my feelings towards women and relationships so maybe that could be playing a part in this..

Tl;dr is it normal?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Takes time to heal.
    Take the positive from your past. Bring it to your next relationship when you are ready.
    We feel more needy or lonely when we think of the negative.

I feel lonely once a month, maybe during the time of the month :P

• Good advice, I will thanks! :)

Haha maybe 😆

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal. You can't fill in that gap yourself. It takes new experience to do that.

• Yep, exactly.
      And hopefully once I gain those new experiences, the old memories with the ex should end up being replaced.. Making me a little more satisfied!

What Girls Said 2

• definitely can relate. its funny how people can get lonely though there are people all around them. all normal unless its everyday.

• Too true, I have family always around me yet the feeling washes over me for a few hours.

• What is the addiction if you don't mind me asking?

• P..
      .. o..
      ... r..
      ... n..
      So it affects my brain in different ways every day.

What Guys Said 1

• Thank you for the to;dr part, yes it's normal, but I feel lonely most of the month, which probably isn't

• Let's put it this way, you are 14..
      I hadn't kissed anyone until I was 15.

You will find someone that will make you feel less lonely. Much like me, we both have to be patient until the right person comes along. Stay strong dude ✌

• There's plenty of time!

• I spend my time e stupidly, I'm not sure of id live that long, for multiple reasons, such as mental and physical health issues