How do you move on from being rejected?

I was talking to a guy for about 3 months, thought thinks we're going good and out of no where he told me his feelings for me weren't strong and ended things with me. I'm fine during the day when I'm around people, but I always feel so empty at night when I'm alone with my thoughts. How do you guys move past rejection and be happy with being single?

When I said you guys I meant guys and girls. What are some things that I can do to boost my self esteem?

913

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it helps to keep friends around of the opposite sex.
    2nd and more important-enjoy your own company, you should be okay with being alone before you get into a relationship or you'll be using it as a crutch for something that's missing. doesn't mean you don' t mourn a relationship... and a lot can happen in 3 months... but you can't lose yourself in a relationship. or after it's over you feel empty, like you lost yourself.

I also think doing things for yourself can help-like maybe reinvent yourself a little, try some new styles, shop for yourself and do other things for YOU, not to attract men.. but for you. ie fall in love with yourself a little... it also makes you irresistable if you do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rejection is a part ofgrowing up and being an adult. Its a learning experience. You reflect, you grow stronger from it. Rejection is a hit to the ego. Makes you wonder what's wrong with you. Makes you feel not good enough. But honestly it makes you stronger emotionally. You get turned down for a lot of things, interviews, jobs, dates, that shouldn't stop you from moving forward.

What Guys Said 12

• You try for something else you really want and get rejected at that too. Repeat.

Eventually you start to identify this weird pattern where you get rejected but somehow... You're still alive. Then it stops mattering as much and you stop getting rejected as much because you don't manifest that aura that you need this to work out.

When someone feels that what they're giving is valuable they immediately start trying to give less. When they think it's not enough they try to give more. Don't game the system. Just give what you want to give until you realize that the value of what you have to offer is not determined by who will accept it.

• I say it wasn't meant to be and focus on other things. Becoming comfortable with your thoughts when you are alone can be difficult and scary, but it can also be a wonderful thing if you are comfortable with being by yourself

• I got rejected last Thursday but I cope with it by focusing on the good like how you still aren't wonder how does she feel. I also looked for someone new I just moved on and try not to think of it

• Realize that dwelling on it won't change the fact that it happened and that you can't do anything about it. Learn what there is to learn from it and get on with your life, which is too short to be spent moping around.

• By having high self-esteem. I tell myself: I'm in charge of MY happiness. Men don't need attention and validation to be happy unlike women. Also, once you get rejected so many times, you develop a thick skin and learn to move on to the next one.

• First couple of times we feel like you do and eventually we either throw in the sponge or we are comfortably numb.

• Use this time to learn something like musical instruments or any sports... this will make ur life better...

by the way since u r single... are u available?

• Everything always feels worse at night.

As far as moving beyond rejection... learn to walk at your own pace in life... re-learn all the things you enjoyed doing by yourself.

• I am not happy with being single but have been rejected so many times that I believe it is not possible to be in a relationship so. Meh.

• Just trudge through.

• Start dating other people.

• Shrug and move on. You weren't good enough. They'll probably find someone better. Maybe you'll die alone, but whatever. Get a hobby. That's life. Is it your looks or your personality? What do you think is the cause of this?

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes people aren't compatible, and it's hard when you felt something they didn't. Put yourself out there again and meet new people, keep yourself busy and the hurt will fade out. Don't keep revisiting the time you shared together or what you "could" have had

• Rejection is part of life. Everyone faces rejection at some point in their lives. All you can do is accept it , and move on. Just because someone fails to see your worth that doesn't mean your value goes down. Just look on rejection as a redirection to someone better

• All of these answers are really good. Rejection is hard. Small comfort at least you were given a reason. I'd been seeing someone for 2 years went to take him to dinner for his birthday and he quit talking to me because on his actual bday he paid for dinner and was upset I didn't toast him. Even though I did that the Saturday before his bday as a whole celebratory night out. I hope if it is what you want that you find someone who wants to be with you as much as you want to be with them.

• By accepting the fact it is over and learning how to let go off pain. Dont be afraid - there are way better things ahead of you. New begginings are exciting. Hope you feel better soon

• You weren't rejected... that happens in relationships. You guys just didn't work together. He feels that he can find stronger chemistry with someone else.

Sometimes that feeling isn't mutual, but you'll be able to find someone else. Don't look at it as rejection though.

• Talk to friends and get validation that you are a wonderful, desirable, nice person

• Get fun things to do, and go hard at it

• Girl just Keep moving forward and he'll be back just wait on it