Why would a girl hold on after cheating on me so many times?

I had a 6 and half year realtionship with this girl. I had suspension she was unfathfull but I chalked it off as me being paranoid. she told me she kissed someone 3 months into our realtionship on my birthday 3 years later. She also stayed at her exes a couple of times and even called me to say that she was. (i got mad she told me that i needed to trust her ) When we broke up she told me she was emotional involved with someone else. but still wanted to be friends. Her best friend boyfriend room mate. I called her after the break up talk about two days and she said " this what she really wanted" she was on facebook 3 am which was odd cause she worked at 9 in the morning. She started getting angry and crying. I told her to call me on Saturday for a week of no contact to see if we can maybe work things out. She never called me back... she was also very moody the last 6 months of the realtionship. I blocked and deleted her for a while. then unblocked 3 month later within a day she sends me a 2000 word essay wishing me happy early birthday and hoping we can talk one day and she is sorry for not returning my call on Saturday. Turns out she had a said guy over. I asked her if the grass was greener and she told me that she didn't want to hurt my feelings and that he is still in the picture. I also told her I will not emotional bennift being friends with her. Then she blocked me. so a year later she runs into my beat friend and tell him she is dating someone now and she got promoted at work don't know who don't really care now) what was her game and what was she trying to do. I am not jelious cause I know it not real she is not capable of love. the way she treated her pets told me so. like why waste 4 to 5 years of my life?

Most Helpful Girl

• She held on because she knew you were a good guy. She tried to make it work with you, in spite of her instincts telling her that you were not the one. She didn't want to give up a good thing, but couldn't make herself want you as much as she wished she could... cheating is wrong period though... but thats the real answer... and it has nothing to do with you...

• even my instincts said that she wasn't the one I like how you said good guy and not a nice guy that made my day and hey thank you. That was a good honest answer

• Who knows, she may have some growing to do and you may be the one when she matures a bit more. Honestly, she really wanted it to work if she stayed that long.

Most Helpful Guy

• Man if your girlfriend is at her ex's house, you've missed so many red flags already.

• Ya I trusted to much. with that record. thanks man I was young at the time. she's living with her grandparents at that time and they even got mad at her so that should have been a sign and a half.

• Personally I don't date girls who have a bunch of guy friends, that go clubbing, definitely not any that even talk to their ex. It's just weird, if they can't move on then nope.
      Hopefully the next girl isn't crazy! Just watch for any signs she's a whore.

• Thanks for MHO, goodluck man!

What Girls Said 5

• She hasn't wasted 4-5 years of your life honey, you have. You saw the red flags all along - she was telling you "this is who I am, I'm not a great person" and you've ignored all of them. Why? Why do you need to contact or unblock her when she obviously isn't a good partner? Walk away, move on. Putting up with her crap doesn't make you a good guy

• Listen boy, she clearly unstable, especially emotionally, and immature. She doesn't know what she wants. If you want to be in a stable relationship, I suggest you cut off ties with her, because I'm afraid her emotions may interfere with you moving on and get a better love life. Since she doesn't know how to cherish you, let her be. She deserves it. Breaking up is torturous, but let time pass, keep yourself occupied, surely you will get over it sometime. Stay strong, stand strong! :)

• Move. On.
    It’s time, it’s been time. In your question header you ask ‘why would a girl hold on?’ BECAUSE YOU LET HER. A better question is why have YOU held on so long. I wish you well, good luck

• tiss true good point.

• Break up with her. Too much cheating. You deserve better.

• She has issues man! Maybe she's a narcissist and is just using everyone for her own selfish needs. Don't waste any more time with her.

• I know your right thank you. I know she had some kind of issues.

What Guys Said 1

• Cuz ur a schmuck and pushover

• no I laid down the law got mad that is, a couple of times tried to break it off she told me she was pregnant. another time she said she was suicidal that she would kill herself if I broke up with her

• Yep, schmuck and pushover