Can therapy help save a relationship? Experience?

Does anyone have experience with therapy?
My boyfriend and I have had a tough few years together. A lot of problems stemming from before we were even together. Im not sure if it is better to walk away or try...

What Guys Said 2

• There is no shame in trying. Relationships take work to make succeed, and anyone willing to make the effort to save their relationship should be commended; not sneered at. Therapy can be for lack of a better word—therapeutic. It can be very helpful to you and your boyfriend and if you want to try therapy, I would strongly suggest trying to convince your boyfriend to give it a go and see what happens.

• I think it could work as long as you are both willing and want to go in order to work on past problems. You could even go separately if you really wanted to

What Girls Said 1

• Well I do at home therapy for me and my boyfriend, the first visit was last week she took me to the kitchen to fill out papers and get to know me she told him its just our visit this time.. He was being nosey and started cooking dinner and started talking with her willingly right away she asked me if we still fight and he said well when we first moved in it was pretty bad because I was stressed out over bills etc and now I'm not so much anymore and we've been getting way better. To be honest I never even knew he was stressed out the first visit was already a eye opener that I think men are more willing to talk to a stranger and be honest or with someone else around to avoid a fight so we both have turns to talk and listen. First visit went well. Lol I'd say just a little bit of talking can go along way to help you and your couple. Try it.

• You and your boyfriend* also I'll add I was just shocked he told her how he was feeling like being stressed and the reason why but never told me.