Would You Seek Revenge On An Ex Or Be Mature And Move On?

I want to write a MyTake about moving on after a bad relationship, but I need some input from you guys before I finish it.

Think about any relationship you have been in that ended poorly or if you haven't had one, then give a hypothetical answer. The person cheated, or was just a bad SO for various reasons but whatever they did, it hurt you to the core and caused you to go into some type of deep depression or mad you extremely sad/angry/upset. Or maybe they did something to you AFTER the break up just to be spiteful.

Whatever the case, if you could get revenge on your ex (without hurting them physically) and get away with it, as in, no repercussions on you whatsoever, would you do it or would you be the bigger person and move forward with life?

• Be the bigger person. I don't have time for childish antics.
    83%(24)82%(60)Vote82%(36)
  • Revenge! Why should I be the only one suffering?
    17%(5)18%(13)Vote18%(8)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have found that the best course of action is to watch and wait for the wheels of karma to turn.
    To quote Sun Tzu: “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
    I shall offer an example.
    The one serious girlfriend I had when I was younger than 30 broke my heart in a way that could be a script for a bad soap opera.
    We dated for a year. After years of rejections and being kept awake at night by a pain in my soul, so strong was my need for that one special girl to love, I thought that my dreams had come true. I fell hard, very hard. By the end of that year I was as deeply and passionately in love as it was possible to be.
    What was actually happening was that I was being played. I was being used as a diversion, so that her parents would not suspect that she was maintaining a secret relationship with a bad boy of whom they disapproved.
    The truth came out on 17 December, 1978, when she skipped town with him and left a note pinned to her pillow.
    I had a complete meltdown. I spent many nights reciting Shakespeare to a Colt 1911.
    After 10 weeks, she was back. She had become pregnant, so he had thrown her on to the street because she would soon be no longer able to go out to work to support him.
    I was so stupid that I offered to forgive her. She laughed in my face.
    I had to leave that city and move 1,000 miles away, because whenever we bumped into each other I fell to pieces.
    In 2005 I was appointed editor of a newspaper in a small rural city, about 1,600 miles away from where the events occurred.
    One day, an intense storm cell ripped through a nearby small down. Houses were flattened and there was general mayhem.
    As my photographer and I drove through the town, we saw a woman and some children standing beside a pile of wreckage that used to be a house.
    We stopped and walked over. It was her.
    She had three children, to three different men by the look of them. She had been living on welfare, in a welfare house. She and her children now had no shelter, no food and no money.
    In that instant, I had a rush of schadenfreude that bordered on the orgasmic.
    The body of an enemy did indeed float past.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• Revenge really doesn't make me feel better so there is no need for it. The idea of them hurting as much as me seems good in theory but in reality it just makes me feel worse.

• i believe in karma, so revenge is an insane notion. i always move on

• this is own people see relationships
    vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

so i hear all these people saying move on
    well!!! that depends on the situation
    are we talking just 2 people
    are there kids involved
    what are the rules to a break up

so all the comments at the bottom are trash to me
    they have no rules

• Option A---Just think you had the wrong partner and you were following the wrong track. Now try to move in another and follow the right track Don't let the situation overwhelm you. RELEX!!! Just try right move to make the next right move. Realize that your life is bigger than that one moment. Your failure was there just to point you in the right direction. This should be your approach to life.

• Revenge just isn't worth it.
    That relationship is the past now, it's easier to just move on with life.

• Moving on is not only more mature, it is more helpful in terms of recovering from a bad relationship. Revenge just bogs you down. You tend to stay mired in emotion when seeking revenge.

• I had my 4 year relationship end horribly. I did what I had to do and never talked to that person again and focused on me.

• 0|0
  • Revenge!

• I always try to "Be the bigger man" as you put it. The key word of course being TRY as there's this one ex I have that will not stop trying to mess with my head.

• Always the former. I'm an adult, not a petulant child.

• Move on. Unless they took you for $10,000 or something.

• I have moved on from all my exes. Revenge at best feels good in the moment. What happens if you end up in a revenge battle.

• revenge only brings more trouble. just move on

• Nope, revenge almost got me in deep heat so i recommend never go there
    i know from past experience.

• Totally go fuck her best friend lol

• Nope

• revenge i love making people suffer

What Girls Said 7

• Move on. Not only because it's the mature thing to do but because you can start to move on and heal rather than letting those negative emotions fester and grow

• All of my past relationships, I've eliminated the person completely. Revenge takes to much effort, and they don't deserve that time from me

• Revenge: it's like korean drama. You know the endings. I prefer being mature. revenge is childish. Why waste so much effort on someone who doesn't love you? Get some self respect and move on

• well i think it depends on what he did to you. if he cheated on you and you still like him but because of ur pride u broke up. i think u should seek revenge. make him jealous, make him want you back. and when he does, its ur choice, u can either be a bitch and break his heart or tell him you've moved on.
    if there isn't a break like that and you guys just lost interest in each other. you should probably move on. there are lots of ther guys in the world. you can always start liking another person and have a relatively with them. even if it means to break up all over again. its part of life.

peace!✌

• Would absolutely love to and so many of my close friends and family would like be to themselves. But I'm too gutless to do it and wouldn't allow them to either.

Wish I had the balls to do it!

• Tbh I wish that I could just be mature but I would prob try n make him miserable if he really messed me up but then again, if I really liked him then I would be sad, not mad.

• Move on bc that's the only choice I would have.