Wife says that if I don't vote for Hillary she's going to question our relationship because I'm voting third party, help me?

Like the question states my girlfriend says that a third party vote is a vote for trump and she says that if I'm voting that way then it is over, to provide some background I have been with my wife for 5 years (3 years married), and I don't know where this is coming from she has gone hardcore on this election and now everyday she talks about politics, look I'm not a fan of trump, but she talks about him everyday and in the last 2 years she's been in university taking political courses etc getting involved and she has changed and now she identifies as a feminist etc, we were both democrats before this but in the last 2 years it gotten to the point of ridiculous, I can't have a conversation without politics or privilege, i really don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy please help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not endorse lying in marriage, but this is one example of why you are allowed to lie. So, lie and say that you voted for Hillary.

However, if you were not married to this woman, then, if I was you, then I would consider terminating this relationship - probably quickly - not because of who she supports or even that she's is excessively nosy by asking me, but by stating a threat - that our relationship is in jeopardy if I don't vote her way - to me that is an instant red flag worthy of terminating a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Vote for whoever you want. If she has a problem with it, well that is her problem to sort out on her own.

Is she your wife or your girlfriend? Or do you have a wife and a girlfriend at the same time? You mention both in the details.

What Guys Said 7

• Vote for whoever YOU want. If she really has that big a problem then you shouldn't be married to her.

I know plenty of very old and happy couples who have politics that are opposite. I think it's a silly thing to end a 5 year relationship over

• Women today are like jihadis. They will hold their vaginas hostage until you give in to their demands... and if you refuse, they'll nuke the whole relationship. Tell her that you don't negotiate with terrorists and you'll be voting third party even if it ends in martyrdom

• I'd tell her to go fuck herself. If she wants to control how you vote then she will most likely try to control you on something bigger. Kick her to the curb.

• Sometimes it is best to keep your vote secret

• I see straight manipulation. She is trying to control your vote though your relationship. That also shows disgusting pushing her beliefs onto her.

• Hillary is done. No going back now. Everything has caught up. The only way she can safeguard herself is by winning

• If she became a feminist, you should leave. You will be miserable. She just wants you to vote for Hillary purely because she is a woman. That is sexist against men.