girlfriend broke up with me, should I text her mom for help?

So my girlfriend of a year broke up with me last week (I'm 26 and she 22). I am deeply in love with her and I just want her back. I didn't do anything wrong, my girlfriend said that she wanted to do herself for a while. I've tried winning her back, but no go. I want to ask her mom for help since her and I were close, her dream was for me to become her son-in-law so I'm sure she'd help me out. I just want to ask her if there's a real chance at winning her back or her mind is set. I still have doubts on the real reason of why my girlfriend broke up with me and that's partly why I'm trying to win her over (too long of a story).

Too late, already did. I wasn't a dumbass about it though, I think I got what I needed without seeing like a crazy dude. I just sent her a message saying good bye to the family (literally that's it). Her mom then replied back saying they were all sad hearing the news. I said I was especially sad too and wished she'd change her mind even though I know she won't and bye. Her mom replied with we all hope the same, but it's up to her. I ended it there, do you all think I did anything to crazy?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a sweet thing to do, and if she really cares for you as you deserve, she will see it as that. If she really is just past it, which I feel for you if she is because I know it can be hard, she will be upset by it. I think you can give her time, but don't let her bring you down. You deserve to have joy and peace and someone to love you as much as you love them and show it in actions!

• Thank you, I always showed her how much I loved her. I really did, I know I had my faults too and that's what sucks. Knowing what you could have done better for this not to happen. I was as good to her as I possibly could be and she knew that. I just want her back.

• I am so glad you were good to her because you don't have to regret how you treated her. I know that I went through something similar, I had to go to God and Jesus to help me heal. Just know that you are worth more than someone not loving you as much in return, I will pray for you and am here if you ever need an ear. I hope she realizes good when she has it.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're friends and close with her mom, you can talk to her about it. Mention it in passing. Don't be dramatic about it. The girl isn't going to like you going to her mom though

What Girls Said 3

• That's a bitch move trying to stoop and get her mother involved. She wants space from you and I can see why.

• True, I'm not handling this well. I've always believed that all is fair in love and just want her back.

• You really need to back off before she gets angry and puts a restraining order on you.

• NO. Bringing Mom into it is uncool. She'll talk to her Mom or vice versa. Don't be that guy.

• i wish my boyfriend were like you ! texting my mum so he can get me back...

• excuse me, I'm clearly her ex and not her boyfriend, thank you very much. Whatever, I still got the answer that I was looking for from her and I'm not the one who mentioned anything about her daughter first, I was just saying bye to her family ;)

• Well I'm in a bit of a different situation than most people. I'll be moving back to my home country in a year so any relationship I have now will have to come to an end once I move (don't believe in long distance plus 1 year of dating is not long enough to drop everything in your life and move for someone else, at least imo). The current girl I'm dating knows this and knows that I've recently gotten out of a breakup so she knows that I'm taking this very casually and just looking to have fun for now (we've spoken about this so everything is clear). We're both know that whatever we have isn't going to last, we just want to have fun for the time being and I think she's a wonderful distraction and has lifted my mood.

• good luck with her and i hope the best for you

What Guys Said 3

• Move on.

• Absolutely not, always leave family out or she will instantly resent you

• You have to move on, don't get her mom involved.

• Nope, it sound like you didn't do anything crazy...

So I mean you gotta take time and accept it's over... Just focus on yourself.