Will I ever get over him?

I was with this guy for only 6 months but I fell in love with him and I thought he did too. Our relationship moved surprisingly fast, we said I love you a week in. We talked about getting married a month in. We talked about kids too. It's been two years and I still can't forget about him. I've been with other people, I've tried distracting myself and I'm still not over him. Do you think I'll ever get over him?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, this is called love without responsibility with broken promises.
    the idea of marriage was a fear of lonely and fear of break up moment... and both of you believed that relationship was perfect... but unfortunately it wasn't.
    don't rush for another relationship and let your heart and your mind take a rest.

marriage is like a hidden treasure... only the right person will lead you to that treasure.
    Good luck...

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people never get over someone they love... they just find a way of surviving despite their pain.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• Why did you two break up?

• The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long i don't think it was love it was more like lust at first then after that wore of it started to show you two weren't really compatible so it didn't work out

• But we didn't have any problems or fights and the flame was still alive when he ended it lol

• when things move to fast it can make you tired of the other person leading the other person to deem another needy

• of course you will.
    You will find someone who you'll love and that person will make you forget him

• You won't.

• Why did you break up? That info could be very important

• He texted me and told me I was 'too needy'

• Cat Rabbits

What Girls Said 2

• It takes time once you find someone that will make you really happy, you will forget about him. If not you really still have feelings for him, and it's going to take some time.

• You will get over him. I had a thing with a guy for six years. I am over him. It didn't even end badly between us. He was my best friend.