When Will my ex come back?

ill keep it short, we were together 3 years, had an amazing relationship but he felt we lost the spark and needed time apart. never said it was over forever just said a lot of couples break up for a bit and end up being stronger for it.

This was about 7 weeks ago now and we have only had very minimal contact, just general chit chat. a lot of people online say it takes men about 6-8 weeks to return if the relationship was good (no fighting, got on well and still in love with the person)
So i want to know how long will it take for my ex to return to me? and also if it is 8 weeks what can actually change from this week to next?

Please help, i dont want any bitchy opinions

27

Most Helpful Guy

• You are on gag there is always bitchy opinions.
    Secondly I doubt he'll come back until the things that caused him to leave are addressed. Have they been and does he know that? And was it a patchwork solution or is it something that he knows will change for good? Those are the types of things a man will look at when he considers returning to someone he left - is it worth going back to the headache I rid myself of? Do I feel better without her or will I feel better with her?
    And if his answer is he feels better without you he ain't coming back no matter what other than for occasional sex

Most Helpful Girl

• Three years is a long time , it's sad that it's come to an end after that length of time. Breakups are so painful.

The longer you are apart and the longer you don't have contact with each other , there's more of a chance his feelings will fade. Feelings are strengthened by communication.

In the initial stages of the breakup he can't just shut off his feelings for you, even if he ended it. Gradually over time though feelings start to fade becaue to keep them strong you need to " feed" those feelings.. you can only do that by communication. Communication to a relationship is like oxygen to life.. without it the relationship and feelings die

Everyone is different though. People love on different levels and some people are emotionally stronger than others. That's why you can't really give a time span on someone coming back, or someone getting over you and moving on

What Guys Said 6

• I suggest asking him directly where you both stand, hopefully his straight answer will snap you out of it. It's either going to be yes or no and having closure one way or another is better than being in limbo.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are much more into him than he is into you right now.

• He probably won't. Taking a break is usually something people do when they're too chicken to just break up.

• Life is ALL about letting go. Its all apart of life, maybe your relationship has run its course and you've both helped each other reach a certain level in understanding when it comes to relationships. He might or might not come back...

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but its the truth. Hope I helped.

• Tomorrow?

• Give him another month, after that its all far game.

• He may never return

What Girls Said 1

• " 'Let's take a break', I took those words as they were
    All we need is time, that's the way I understood"
    The song is "Congratulations" by Day6
    It simply is about a girl who said the exact same as your ex and it was just an excuse to be with another dude. Don't wait for him to "return" because he won't.