Why would my ex boyfriend text me everyday?

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago because he said he didn't see a future with me. Although I didn't want the relationship to end and I felt blindsided by it, it wasn't an ugly breakup. I was devastated but I didn't contact him at all. He texted me about a month afterwards and said that he hoped I was doing well. All I said back was thanks, you too. Then periodically after that he kept texting trying to make small talk but I stopped replying after a few texts back and forth. Then finally we started having full on conversations and have been since then. He initiates contact every time, and we text every single day. He hasn't mentioned what he's wanting though, whether it's a friendship or he wants to get back together. We hung out the other night and cuddled while watching a movie. But we just cuddled, no kissing or anything else so I don't think he's wanting a friends with benefits. I'm just really confused on why he broke up with me because he didn't see me in his future, yet now we're talking everyday as if he does want me in his future. I'm scared to ask him because I don't want to be rejected again.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know why you went from not talking to him to hanging out again. He broke up with you so be done with him. Exes are unnecessary drama in life.

• I was done with him then he came back, and he's someone I could see myself with so if he were to ask to be in a relationship again I would say yes. I just don't know if this is him "testing the waters" to see if it's something I would consider or if he is just simply not wanting me to move on for his own ego. I do agree though it is unnecessary drama but it's hard to just let someone go that you cared so much about.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are so confusing one day y act nice 30 minutes later their goofing off 25 minutes later their upset. He doesn't want to loose contact with you and wants to make sure you don't have a boyfriend after you dated him. I'm telling you by experience.

What Guys Said 2

• Ignore him, he wants you back because he hasn't gotten a new girlfriend yet.

• He wants to nail you

What Girls Said 1

• you have to ask him! otherwise you'll only be getting hurt bigger in the long run. It's pretty obvious he does want you in his life. You just need to understand from him in what capacity. its not fair to you otherwise.

• You're right, because I've been going on dates but then I almost feel guilty going on them because I'm still talking to my ex. It's preventing me from fully moving on and I know I should just ask him but part of me doesn't want to lose him again, especially if all he wants is a friendship and that's not something I want or can do.

• if he says he only wants friendship then all the power is in your hands to decide when and to wht degree you want that friendship