Used as a rebound, did he like me at all?

I had to finish with a guy I really liked. he was 3 months out of a long term relationship lasting 4 years. He couldn't add me on fb as he didn't want to hurt his ex. He was in contact with his ex and went to her aunts funeral and supported her. He mentioned her quite a bit... I have no problem with him helping out someone who had been such a big part of his life. He told me how much he really liked me and my company. He said his head is messed up and he understands why I was taking a step back. A week later he was bringing a tinder date to my friends where he knew I was going to be.
i told him he has every right to enjoy being single but what he was doing wasn't nice.
he's currently ghosting me.
i just feel very used at the moment.

21

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think he used you in the term you're thinking. Sounds like he might have actually liked you but realized he still loved his ex and was conflicted about it. But, he did use you, I just don't think it was as intentionally as you might think it is.

• I don't think it was intentional, but it was the wrong timing, I didn't want to end things and I do really regret it, but he moved straight on to someone else. I hoped we could be together in the future but now with the ghosting I don't know, being ignored hurts, I deleted his number and all his messages because it hurt seeing him online knowing he was probably messaging other girls.

• better knowing now than later.
    it happens. move on. find someone else and be up front and ask these questions.

• I did ask, when we first met I told him I wasn't giving him my number as I didn't want him rebounding on to me as I was just out of a bad relationship. He said he already had a rebound thing. Then contacted me through fb saying he couldn't add me :/ I really liked him so I gave him a chance but finished when the ex kept being brought up, even though I really didn't want to.

• When did you find out he couldn't add you to FB?

• Before he first asked me on a date, he contacted me through messenger as he didn't have my number. I let that go as I sort of understood, but then constantly talking about her, not going out places she could be. Telling me they hadn't had sex in a month prior the break up. I wasn't even bringing her up. It got too much, I'm just out of a bad relationship and I was starting to feel so insecure.