How do you get over getting cheated on and heartbroken?

I'm 20, my ex is 18. I recently found out he was cheating on me with 7 or 8 other girls. I gave him a second chance and he just did it again. I do not mean to sound conceited whatsoever, but these girls he cheated on me with do not even come close to me in appearance and kindness. I have a body that most men would consider very good, and I gave my ex my entire heart. I would do absolutely everything for him and treated him like gold. I can't seem to get over the idea of him being sexually attracted to / getting off to other girls bodies. It hurts me so bad. He says he's insecure and thinks he's the "ugly one" in the relationship (which is not true at all) and he felt more comfortable doing stuff with unattractive girls to feel better about himself. How do I get over this heartbreak? I can't stop thinking about him wanting other girls 😞 Thank you all in advance xoxo

1115

Most Helpful Guy

• this one's is very challenging to tackle but here's my word on it. you dated a guy who's below you it means you're insecure (I was too)... Getting cheating on hurts and you're worried about getting cheated on and that's normal. It seems like your still trying to find your self. I did the exact same thing there's some kind of logic if you date someone who's below you but they will be faithful and kind and whatever. I've met a real model before and got to know her really well and she was one of the most sweetest girls I've ever met I always thought that the ugly girls were the ones with"personality" and good girls. But was I ever wrong

I have seen it in my town all the time scratching my head wondering why the beautiful girls choose the guys that they do. I am not talking about bad boys just loserish people. And that what he is. my ex of seven years cheated on me about that many times your ex did as well (told me on my birthday which was new years eve) and I just swepped it under the rug until labout a year later I blew up.

and I totally believe what you're saying in your post because the people that they cheat on with are below you... because if they were above you in their mind they would break up with you just so he can date somebody else... and here's the other part once that relationship ends which he is going to try and set you up as a safety net. As a steady supply of sex... don't fall for it find somebody who appreciates you.
    I had a close friend do that to his girl. I caught him trying to bang the girl that I brought home and I just went to the bathroom. He ended with her panties around her ankles while making out with her while I just finished taking a piss. He ended up bying his girl a trip and spent about 5 grand on jewelry. Completely ignored me and ditched me a whole bunch of times. It just pissed me off to a point where I don't talk to him anymore. Fuck those people

Most Helpful Girl

• That is such a tough situation. You just have to realize that this problem is entirely about him. He clearly has something going on that honestly he should seek professional help with.
    You are still really young and I'm sure you'll have many opportunities in thr future. I think it will just take time to get over him.

What Guys Said 14

• Forget his explanation. He cheated with several different women because he wanted to fuck them. It has nothing to do with any insecurities about himself. He wanted to fuck them and then you gave him another chance so he did it again. Predictable! He is not going to change. The sooner you get out, the quicker you will get over it.

• Guys at that age tend to be that way with the exception of a few.
    Anyways.
    You need to change things up. I think it is important that you feel as though it is over.
    The first step is going through a breakup with the intention that the past will end.
    Have you ever accidentally stepped on an ant or did something bad and felt it for a few days after? its like that, just longer.

• You just have to move on. I hope that someday you'll find out that he's a piece of trash since you were always good to him and he didn't respect you. I'm very sotry to read things like this, but they happen. However, if you were the kind of girlfriend you said you were, you'll find it very easy to find another person who truly loves you. Id honestly die for someone like you because you seem authentic. Just move on and you'll find it easier day by day. I just hope you find someone because you truly deserve it. But not as your ex. He's a hideous rat.

• He's just a player trying to bullshit you it's better you broke up know then later that's not the type of guy you want to be with

• Here are a few things to make you feel better...

You aren't the only one. I can guarantee that you aren't the first one, and not going to be the last one

You did nothing wrong. No need to feel any sort of guilt. You gave him the chance to redeem himself, and he didn't do that. A real man would appreciate you for giving another chance.

Lastly, this is another chance to find another man, who is better than your ex in every way :)

Just some food for thought. :)

• Yeah I got cheated on once

• Grow up

• You come a find a nigga like me 👌🏽😂

• Well, you see what he has done to you so your better off to find a guy who will truly love you but I think you need take time off from the dating scene for while
    How to get over from heartbroken just find things to do, find a friend , listen to music , call up a relative who you have spoke to in long time, take a walk with a girl friend.

• Time will take you through this. You need to keep yourself busy but doing other things rather thinking about him. Socialise a little more to keep off your mind. Depends mostly on you. The more you think the longer it will be and more the pain it will be.

• You did the right thing. Just meet new people and try to find someone else ,
    that will make you forget about him.

• Date a guy who's older and mature simple as that. Second chances are never a good idea tbh.

• Only date doctors or medical students. That's what I tell my kid sister.

• did u spit or swallow? ;)

What Girls Said 10

• When someone cheats on you, you have to remember that it may have nothing to do with you. So do not beat yourself up over it. Its normal to cry, and grieve but do not do what most women do with crying, begging, and pleading him back. Because you are going to boost his ego even more. Wait it out, and make him miss you and he really wants to be with you. Trust me, he will come begging you back. Remember he is the one that cheated. Not you.

• Just remember its not you, like he said he's insecure and does that shit to feel better about himself but still thats not an excuse, its not ok to cheat on you especially more than once and with that many girls. Thats messed up. Think about what he did and realize you deserve better and he clearly can't handle commiting to one girl and isn't gonna change so that should help you move on

• He a nut case just run!

• Well keep telling yourself what a asshole he is. Yeah sure, other girls may get to sleep with him, but that doesn't mean he isn't a asshole and will just do to other girls what he did to you. I get that it hurts but you are truly better off without him and when you meet another guy you click with, you'll see and understand why it didn't work out. I promise with time, it will get better. Emotions are naturally high when it is recent, anyone who has been dumped can vouch for that. So accept that it will such and be shitty at the start but there will come a day when you'll be over it and thankful that it didn't work out. Him cheating is not a reflection of you.

• Find someone better thats how you can get over the past ex boyfriend but make sure it's someone who is better way better than your ex trust me it always works no matter how much he broke your heart or made you depressed to the point where you wanted to quit trust me find someone new and that's basically moving on... You can wait a while or you can go to the next hope it works out and if it don't then that's gonna be a circle for you from guy to guy and from heart brake from heart brake... Take the time to do you set your goals do it right fuck these niggas

• go out and have fun it'll keep your mind busy and you won't think of him and slowly you'll forget him (:

• I keep reminding myself of the fact he cheated to get me angrier, until there is no more love left

• Cut him off. Let your emotions out about it. Then you really need to focus on something else ie. Work or a hobby. Or friends

• Time heals- been there done that. Focus on you and push yourself to date another man and see the good in others so you don't waste your time living life!

• Easy. You find someone new, and better.