If a man cheated on his woman, does he have the right to cry over her?

A few days ago, a friend of mind just got out of a relationship. They had been together for a few years, however, he had been cheating on her out through it. She found out and ended the relationship. He is torn to pieces over this, but I feel like he has no right to be. He wasn't faithful.

Most Helpful Guy

• he does not have that right he used her and he knew what he was doing, crying after the fact is just pathetic and it serves no purpose but to try and get a girl back that they will cheat on again. thinking other wise will get the girl hurt again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes he does, but he brought it upon himself so he has no one to blame but himself.
    But he can still cry and he's allowed to miss her and have those emotions and whatnot

What Guys Said 21

• sure he does. doesn't change the fact that he cheated and ultimately deserves whatever consequence comes of it but sure a person who cheats can still cry over it.

i've been cheated on and those girls cried when i ended things. you can still realize the pain and hurt of losing something you loved or liked even though you made a mistake

• No, logically speaking he does not have any right to cry over her. Not at all.

• Everyone has the "right" to their feelings and just because he cheated on her doesn't mean he didn't still care for her. I'm not defending his actions at all, but he has the right to how he feels and the feelings are probably still genuine.

• Does he have a "right" to cry over losing her. Yep! He now realizes he screwed up royally! Hopefully, he'll remember this lesson excessively well for his future.

I hope your friend finds another guy who treats her FAR better than this guy did! I'm glad she found out and took the right steps to end that relationship.

• when he didn't thought of hurting her, betraying her when he was cheating on her, then i think he dont deserve to cry over her.

• No it serves him right

• He regrets what he did and props to her for having a clear head on the matter.

• we all make mistakes, we are human, infidelity isn't a mistake.

• Has no right? There is no law that says he cannot cry over it.

Cheating doesn't mean you don't love your partner, so yes, he can cry. And no, I do not condone cheating whatsoever.

• He can cry all he want naturally, but is his own fault of course.

• yes, cause he obviously understands he's wrong

• No, too late to cry over what good thing he had.

• he's has a right to be torn up about it, yes it was his fault. His being torn up about is right and I hope all cheaters feel the same.

• He can cry all he wants but he knew what he was doing and somewhere he probably knew she'd find out sooner or later. Don't feel sorry for him at all.

• he may have been cheating but doesn't mean he didn't love his girl. he just treated her bad and deserves getting dumped but its not so black and white a situation to suggest he shouldn't be upset

• Emotions dont cate about rights, they just happen.

• He can cry all he wants but he still fucked up.

• Well, there is no copyright for crying.
    WARNING: I didn't defend him.

• Men use relationship to have stable pussy supply. Basically one of the major incentive for men to get into relationship is to have a warm body to empty their nuts into consistently because 1 night stands are too much work. This does not mean it's the only reason because they value companionship too.

He's not sad for the most part that he lost her. He's sad that he is cut off.

• Shame on all of you. Of course you have the right to cry over someone.

You do not lose the right to have feelings because you're an asshole. If anything it should be encouraged that he does cry for her. That way maybe he won't be a cheating bastard next time.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Of course he can, if I screwed up a huge part of my life I'd probably cry too. Regardless of his shitty actions he's allowed to feel sad about losing a big part of his life.
    Good on the girlfriend though for not putting up with it when she found out

• Ha has no rights, but that doesn't mean he can't cry, if you get what I mean. If he cries, it's a good sign to show that he's still human enough, to accept mistakes and feel guilty over. But just make sure that this won't happen again. If he doesn't cry despite cheating, I think he won;t be deserved to be called a human.

• Of course he has the right to cry over her. He fucked up and he's upset with himself and the fact that he lost her. Whether anyone actually cares about him crying over her is another matter.

• Yeah he can cry once he realizes how much of an idiot he was to cheat on a woman that was down for him 🙃

• Sure, anyone can regret something they did that cause a lost in their lives. It's normal to regret.

That still doesn't changes that fact that he screwed up and lost a meaningful person in his life.

• Yeah, he doesn't have the right to. But some guys are sex addicts. They have their main girl that theyre with but they can't keep sex out of their mind. So they go out and sleep with other girls.

• People have the right to their own emotions. He can cry all he wants, it doesn't justify anything though.

• He's just human, and humans make no sense. He destroyed the relationship and that's probably hitting him now, he may be feeling guilt or regret. He deserves it, but he has the right to be upset.

• There is nothing unique here. ANyone can be an idiot and regret it. Is it a right? I don't know about that, but it happens all the time, someone does something stupid, they later regret it. If it's not a right, then i'd say it a necessity and actually is a good thing because regret drives change... sometimes. It's better than having no regret at all.