Do you think someone can drastically change for the better in a matter of days after a break up?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years because of a lot of issues he had. anger, paranoia, anxiety etc etc. It all became to be too much and I wasn't being treated the way I deserved. It took me a while to gather the courage to move on. And once I did, it was pretty easy.

Fast forward 5 days later, he comes to my home, stating how an event as big as this has made him realize a lot etc. How he is going to be better. How wrong he was. How he is going to be going to therapy. etc. etc. He told me he would try as long as it took for me to believe and get comfortable with the idea that he was a changed man.

We went out and he did seem to be a lot better. But I am not a fool and I know he has to be on his best behavior. My issue here is whether or not I should believe him. I don't want to waste my life and go back into something that will have similar issues. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Advice?

12

What Guys Said 2

• he is lying to you n guy can change that fast unless there in a special needs school or something. lol i would not buy that sack of lies for anything. your crazy if you believe him. and seeing how i have did that more than once and got a girl back only to be twice as dumb when i got her back i can say its not worth it. lol

• I personally do not believe in such a change. True change takes time and much effort. Just to change because of a breakup is superficial. It is only "skin" deep and not at the root of who a person is. Such a major change in personality and character takes time and again, much effort, and reflection. That's from my own perspective and experience.

What Girls Said 1

• nope, change takes time in my opinion