Interim court order for my daughter. Opinion?

So we have an interim court order until we can resolve issues. He gets to FaceTime 4x a week. He is the one that got this stuff all started because he decided he wanted to stay where his girlfriend lived vs moving where I am, that we had agreed upon. I have had my child ready every FaceTime this week but he failed to call for today, so I gave him time, an hour, still nothing, so I text him saying he missed FaceTime tonight. He said he forgot the scheduled times. I had made plans tomorrow night and he asked if he could FaceTime then. I said no, but that we can resume schedule as ordered by a judge on Saturday. He says it's my responsibility to make this happen. I'm I in the wrong? This isn't his first time doing this.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• This is like a visitation. All you have to do is prepare the child and be ready to let him take her. If you show up and he's not there or he's late, that's his problem. The unfortunate thing is the child sees her father as uncaring when he doesn't call or respond for a FT request.

Like a couple people mentioned, make sure you log each time and attempt and keep it ready to present to your lawyer. In addition, save those texts he sent. Be as reasonable as possible trying to meet a schedule he can comply with, but you have a life to live also

Judges are not stupid. They see the effort you've made and that fact he did not. That behavior heavily affects their decisions. I don't believe you're wrong at all. If you have any doubts, contact a lawyer.

Most Helpful Girl

• No your not. At the end of the day it doesn't take much to face time. And it's not like it wasn't planned before

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Technically you're in the wrong if the court agreement specifies the time. However, there could be a clause that states "or accommodations to be made for another reasonable time" or something similar. So read over what's on paper. If time ISN'T stipulated then no, you're not in the wrong. However, having been through what I have, I know that usually that's specified.

• Intraluminal brings up a good point, you'll want to keep a log of all of the times he fails to FT with her. I don't know if FT keeps a record of calls and such, but if so take screenshots of it when he misses it as well, and E-Mail it to yourself immediately so you don't risk losing it if your phone dies/breaks.

• you two need your heads banging together... i hope you both sort your issues because the loser will be your daughter if you dont.

• Yes, you're wrong.

• Document his failure to comply via an email.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!