Ex boyfriend contacted me to tell me he's got better girls on the go?

Ex boyfriend contacted me in a nasty pointless email after a couple of weeks NC - to which i replied "I'm not interested, F yourself".. which he replied
"na ta babe, i've got plenty of hot girls to do that for me"
I still care about this guy after a two year relationship so obviously I can't not care when he says that, but what was the point of him saying it?

He was the one who ended it, over text, while he was on a lads holiday. He had plenty of chances to backtrack his decision, but in the end, I gave up and walked away like he wanted x

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably hurt that you left him (I'm guessing you broke it off) and is proud of himself that he has some new hotties and wants to show them off because he feels like it will prove that he can and has done better without you.
    Honestly, my girlfriend left me 3 weeks ago and I started seeing this new chick who is really hot and even though it's childish and immature I wish my ex could see us so she knows that I actually am a catch and can get a girl whenever I want who is even hotter, smarter, and nicer than she is. It's such an ego boost especially when your girlfriend left you because she wants to "do her and be single and not have to worry about commitment" like really? You got some attention from some random guys and that's all it takes for you to break off a relationship with someone who really loved and cared for you? Like I never had any girls show interest in me during the relationship 🙄.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's goal is hurting you, most likely be cause he feels hurt or lonely himself. If he can put you down then he can feel like he is doing better than someone.

Don't give him the satisfaction of a response. When you can honestly wish him the best then you will know you are completely over (and beyond) him.

What Guys Said 3

• He's immature and insecure. He doesn't have the strength to handle his own emotions and he's got a vindictive side to him that will take pleasure out of making you jealous. Also too stupid to realize that by sending you a message like that, he's only showing he's still caught up on you and can't move on. If he had moved on he wouldn't care what you think, he'd be with these 'hot girls' he's apparently getting rather than taking the time to message you.

Just ignore his shit and be glad you're not with him, sounds like a pretty low value guy to be honest.

• He's upset and was trying to make you feel bad. I can't believe it actually worked..

• make you jealous

What Girls Said 1

• he's trying to make himself feel better