Are there nice guys out there?

My ex and I dated for 2 years. He was very serious about the relationship and did talk about the future a lot. I am taking a gap year and then leaving for university and he was always so sure about LDR but then he changed his mind and we broke up mutually 6 weeks ago. He was very upset about it and broke down the day before we broke up saying he can't lose me. But we decided to stay friends.

A month after I asked him why he changed his mind and He said he had been thinking about it and spoke to his family too. He took the decision after thinking for two days. He answered my qs casually n told me he has moved on quite a bit n goes out a lot so it was easier for him and I am taking a gap year so thats why I am still stuck.

He even changed his mind to a patch up in the future saying its weird and is already crushing on another girl. I am so hurt because he is another person suddenly. He was so caring and loving and now suddenly this. I know I'm just 18 but I feel like I've lost everything and I am scared to let go because I feel like I'll never find a guy who is so nice to me and one I can be completely retarded like myself with. I feel so hopeless and worthless.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes there are plenty of nice guys out there, you are young and have time to find one too. I on the other hand am the nice guy you speak of, but I have the worst luck with women. I see all these women I like, and they always flock to the jerk, and the messed up part is here I am ten feet away, and they never even notice. I am a nice guy with good morals and values. I am real. I am thirty, and still have not met someone which really is a bummer. I cannot figure it out. I guess the saying may be true nice guys finish last. One thing of note, is that ten years ago I was a different person. I was that jerk guy, I partied a lot and only wanted to use women, and back then I got all sorts of women, but it was never really what I wanted deep inside I wanted something serious. So I changed my ways in hope that I would then meet a nice girl who would view me as a long time partner, but no luck. I must say though I would rather be alone the rest of my life knowing I am a good person, than be that jerk and never have anything real. I think you should do the same and just enjoy your life you are young and have years ahead of you, you will meet someone, as will I when the time is right.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so... my luck with guys hasn't been the greatest either. I dated a guy for over 2 months. He would always talk about how much he cared about me. And was always messaging me. We "wanted" the same thing. Well, he made me believe he wanted what I wanted. Long story short everything was fine. And all of a sudden he's like "I've been thinking about our relationship, and I just don't think I have time for it anymore. so I think it would be best to end this now. You are a very lovely person and deserve someone who is going to give you time you deserve. " yeah it sucked really bad. Still after 3 months it still hurts like hell to think about it. Because I really REALLLY cared about this guy. (Oh and he did it through the snapchat messenger) 😕😔🙁😟😢

• Oh and you're NOT hopeless and worthless! It sucks now! But, believe me. I'm still hurt with what happened... but, it does and will get better. The pain I had right after he did was terrible! I'm doing a lot better now! You just have to keep yourself busy. And know there's someone better for you out there!!! :) And I do think there are still good guys out there.

• Thanks so much :)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, nice guys are there.

You may not like to hear this, all women want a nice guy but in the long run they never stay with nice guys, sooner or later they break up with them and go for "bad boys" or a guy who wouldn't be as nice as them. Then they keep complaining/lamenting as to where nice guys are and so on.

Another thing what happens is women make only friends with nice guys, they never see them as a boyfriend material, for one reason or another but this is very true.

Ok, now I am not trying to generalize here of course not all women are like that but according to me there are very few women who will actually like nice, who actually love nice guys and will even stay with them in the long or till the end, very women are like that.

Most women don't stay with nice guys, they only keep them in the friend zone.

• Yeah there are. But girls never give them/us the chance. They complain to us about their a-hole boyfreinds and ex bfs. And they always get told "i wish there were more guys like you.."

• It sounds like your ex boyfriend is actually pretty nice. He had a committed relationship with you and you two broke up mutually in a civil manner. Him starting to fall for another girl doesn't make him an asshole.

• I know it doesn't.. It's just the way he spoke to me on the phone and was extremely insensitive. He spoke to me like what we had was so casual.. And its only been a month so it sounds so soon. I feel like I'll never have anything as good again

• It's very likely that he was like that on the phone on purpose. Not to hurt you but to make sure you didn't get any false hopes and that you wouldn't get him to promise to try to work things out or try again in the future, when he doesn't feel that way.

• Maybe. But eitherways, he just seemed really nice and my last relationship before him was so bad the guy was so disrespectful I am going to university nest year and people tell me that I will find much better guys so I shouldn't act like he was my only hope. But I feel like I may not find someone who will love me that dearly and so I feel pathetic especially since he moved on that easily

• Yes their are but the hard part is finding one, it's hard for everybody to get a good lasting relationship it seems.

• Nice guys are everywhere. They're usually the one you don't think twice about dating which is why it seems like there are none.

• There are still good guys out there you just need to keep your eyes open.

• of course there are

• I just feel like I can't let this guy go and I will forever be stuck and miss out on the opportunity of another beautiful relationship

• Right here. But I didn't think girls wanted nice guys.

• Of course we do I mean, a guy who will truly love as and support us and care for us

• No...

• They are in the friendzone

What Girls Said 0