Opinions on what I'm about to do?

My first relationship approximately lasted 2 & a half years in high school. We lost touch. 8 years later we crossed paths again, started spending time with one another and eventually developed feelings again.

Oddly, this past June we both broke up with our significant others of 3 years before meeting in September.

3 days ago I told him that I had feelings for him. He told me he had feelings for me too.. but, while he liked me he also said he still wasn't over his last relationship and he didn't want to jump from one relationship to another. He wants to be able to give his 100% and he knows he isn't there especially with him just buying a house and trying to get his life in order.

He said I make him happy and that he doesn't want the connection we made to end.

The furthest we have gone is a goodnight hug and we have both agreed we don't want to do anything if we aren't together.

I really like him, but I feel like the best thing to do right now is let him go. What do you think? :( This sucks.

21
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe, seems like he is just trying to get his life in order first then be with someone after

• I feel like a back up plan in the sense that he might go back with his ex girlfriend. It would hurt to see that happen

• Yeah that would suck

What Girls Said 2

• Just be there as a friend. He'll be there when he's ready

• Why can't you just keep him as a friend?

• Because I really like him. And if he does choose to go back to his ex, it would hurt that much more being his friend.

• Did you tell him about the ex part?

• Just tell him you can't do it anymore because your feelings are too strong. He can decide if he wants to take the leap or let you go.