Guys, Can A guy hurt himself or commit suicide over a breakup?

Ok so i broke up with this boy and he then asked out my friend she said no. Since he is in her class she told me he looked and sounded really suicidal. This week he wasn't at school at all.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything can happen.

The question is do you have a moral obligation to stop him or be concerned with this behavior?

No.

If you broke up with him then it's no longer your responsibility to insure he's ok.
    As inconsiderate as that may sound, if he was amazing to you you would have no reason to break up with him no?

Not to say things in value, but even considering how he treats you emotionally should be reason enough.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• You should let an adult know. We go by the acronym ACE, which means Ask the person what their intentions are, Care for them by being receptive, and Escorting them to an Adult or similar professional for help.

• Yes, there is slim chance that he could of didn't self harm I threaten
    self harm to girls who screwed me over just to get a kick of upsetting me
    I would say I'm going to self harm or I even faked suicide, i even faked my
    own death see this can happen. So if i was you girls , take this guy with a
    grain of salt many people i know would fake that they were going to self harm
    even my sister would walk down the street and say she was going kill her self
    and she never done anything.

• So how do i react to it if he is going to fake sucide

• You're welcome :)
      If you haven't heard much from this kids friends
      it might one of those cases that he wants you girls
      to think he self harmed. Could be or could not be.

• People have killed themselves over much less than a breakup.

• You didn't need to ask that c'mon your smart enough to goolge articles of that happening you know damn well that's happened before.

• My dads best friend killed himself over a woman. men can also go homicidal because of women. But it's almost always something more underneath that makes men do this. But women are a trigger.

• If he's that mentally and emotionally unstable something is going to make him do it at some point.

• His problem, not yours.
    Dont let people holding themselves hostage influence your decision.
    If they die, they die.

• I've seen it. i've seen like 5 people kill themselves in my day. I dont know why i tend to see these things. its like i attract trouble.

• Yeah, it depends on his mental state

• a friend of mine killed himself in 2009 because of a cheating manipulative slut... .

• I'm not that type of person though

• she wrote in a message once when she went on a slut crusade from state to state, "i like going with at least 3 men i like all my holes stuffed but unfortunately i have only three", he wrote in his diary later "you might stuff the holes of your body but you won't ever fill the holes in your heart this way"... .

• mental health is very sensitive. there is a very thin and fragile line between sanity and madness... .