Can't sleep when thinking about ex?

i'm still in love with my ex so when i wake up he's usually the first one i think about when i wake up but that causes me to not be able to sleep. why does thinking about him make me unable to sleep?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• For how many years was he with you? And when did you separate? And how was he treating you? Give details.

• since we started dating ever probably like 4 weeks all together but I fall in love very easily and quickly. we broke up for the 3rd time a month ago

• So , you have a new opportunity again. Take advantage of the situation. This time don't make mistakes. Keep him happy. Best of luck.

• thanks I'll try

Most Helpful Girl

• In the first days of breakup I was in the same situation as you. Let me tell you that it is normal if the breakup is recent. But time is the healing of everything because one day you gonna think about your ex then fall asleep. But try not to make him the center of universe bc you can think about other things than him.

• it's been a month since we broke up

• That is why you are not invited to parties it is because you are not a social person. YOu are shy and reserved aren't you? But you can make a move and change that. Maybe start hanging out with people from your high school or your class. Or tell a close friend of you that and she will probably try to help you and get you off your little own world.

• shy, quiet, and socially awkward

What Guys Said 2

• That is not love but more of an obsession..

• no it's love

• I read your other responses.. You are obsessed. Explain it away all you want, but you will lay down again with the same guy that was already on your mind all day..

• I know that feeling. Get drunk or high before bed, or don't go to bed until you're almost dead from tiredness

• I'm 16 if u didn't look :/ and 100% against drugs and I fall asleep around 10-2 time range

What Girls Said 1

• Everyone's been there. It'll take a while to get over him but it will happen. I find focusing on their bad points helps, but it's just going to take time. For now, use that extra time you spend awake to study.

• I've been in love with him for 7 months with 3 break ups and 1 break and I still continue to hold on to hope

• he's my guy best friend

• Breakups hurt, especially if he's your friend. It's like a double betrayal. But trust me, almost everyone goes through a breakup like this and gets over it eventually. It sounds like a cliche, but you will end up stronger in the long-term