How do you get over someone and how long does it take you?

Someone who you don't want to remember anymore / etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Time and someone else

What Girls Said 20

• I guess it depends on a lot of different factors. Who the person was to you, how much they meant, how long you knew them, and what they did to make you wanna forget about them. I dated a guy for four months. He dumped me after he moved and I was over it that same day. I was best friends with someone for three years and had feelings for him. He lead me on, forced himself on me and then spread around that I "seduced" him. It took me about a year and some change to get over that, and it's still something that bothers me. The only person that really truly fucked me up was my last ex. We dated for a year and a half. He left me for another girl after I was really good to him and did a ton of other way more fucked up things. Still gave him another chance, we stayed friends and I didn't finally choose to let him go until this past week actually. I had known him since I was 15 (I'm 19 now). It took me about a two years to get over him breaking my heart, and took me a bit longer to finally let go of him and see that he was no good for me, even as a friend. The best thing I did to get over this was to keep myself busy. I had been neglecting myself and important duties while I was involved with these guys, so I had to get my priorities straight. I started working, got my license, went back to school and started working out. That's just to name a few. But keeping myself busy and taking care of myself really helped. When you hustle 24/7 you really don't have time to think or care about people who have fucked you over. The best revenge is success. There is always something new to be done or learned and you should always strive to be better and do better.

• I'm afraid I can't say you ever do completely get over someone who was once close to you, unless it ended on bad terms. But if they leave you, and you thought you were very close, I'm not sure you ever fully "get over it." My exes are memories that I have to remember forever.

• Depends on you. Could be next week, couple years, maybe till ur 50.

• I honestly was so in love with a guy that I thought I would never get over him or if I did that it would take me forever but I actually got over it pretty quickly

• It took me 2 years to get over my first love. I made sure I went to places I knew he would not be at. I avoided talking to him, etc. The more you cut them from your life, the easier and faster it goes.

The more you still interact with them, see them, the harder it is.

• usually the period of the relationship/2. I dated my ex for 1 year, got over OVER him in 6 months and fell for someone else. It depends on other circumstances such as whether you were losing interest already or getting bored or was the ending unanticipated? Mine was and still took only 6 months. All things pass.

• It depends on how much I liked the guy/how long I knew him for. The one time I couldn't forget about someone, it took me several years.

• It depends on you and where your heart was. It's a mental thing when it comes to getting over someone, that's what I think anyway. For me personally though, I don't get over things easily because I always dwell on the past. So it takes me a very long time unfortunately.

• It depends on so many things :/ how long you had a relationship with that person, the memories you had, why you stopped talking, was the relationship serious or not? Soo many factors. For me, I get over guys super fast... only because it happens so often that now I'm just used to it. The first guy I was so depressed about it took me 8 months to get over him and I did some crazy things to get him back, the next guy it wasn't as long. And the guys after that, I just learned to pick myself right back up and keep going. Because I realized that sulking on the past won't do anything to change it :) so my answer is: it really depends. It will never be the same for every person, it could be 2 weeks, or it could be for the rest of your life! It's a matter of time and patience:)) goodluck

• Just keep yourself busy and slowly stop talking to them. It's been taking me a little over 5 months to get over someone.. still in the process.

• They say it takes half the time you were together to be completely over someone

• It took me two years to erase my feelings for him. I never forgot him I just stopped thinking about him. I don't think you can ever forget someone you just stop thinking about them and loving them. But the memories will always be there no matter how long and hard you try because they were someone you loved no matter how bad they are, you fell in love with a beautiful part of them that exceeds their flaws.

• It's been 8 months and I'm still not fully over it so lol

• 'The last time you cried for him/her and said to yourself no more'*
    Or Time...
    But you can not forget that person but surely you can get over with

• Um for me I had to keep it secret so it was harder

• My last person took just a moment, because it was toxic anyway

• I dunno why but I can get over anyone at the speed of light lol as soon as I realise that person doesn't love me anymore / has no interest in me I forget about them immediately, I don't even try to, it's just the way I am, I think it's good

• Try to avoid them. It's harder, though, if you meet them constantly.
    It also depends on the kind of relationship you had before. In general, try to be always busy so you won't have the time to think about them. Of course it's hard but the most you think about it the worse it'll be when you meet.
    If you don't see each other anymore, it's going to be much easier. It's only a matter of time.

• You can't just shut off your feelings for someone. Trying to forget someone you care about is like trying to remember someone you've never met. You just can't!

The only way to move on is to first let go. The only way you can fully let go , is to cut all means of contact , and remove all traces of the person from your life.

Peopleople tend to feed their memories by reminiscing and dwelling on what was and what could've /should've been. So destroy any pics, or text messages etc to prevent keeping your pain constantly raw. Every time you think of her focus your attention on things other than her. Try something new , change your routine and make new plans for your future. Exercise and spend time doing things you enjoy.

Gradually your feelings will fade and your pain will ease , but it's up to you on how long that takes. It's our own thoughts which cause us the most pain, so concentrate on your future rather than the past.

• depends on the person and how serios it was
    i got over one in like a day
    and another time im still not over the guy in like 2 months๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ and im still trying

• I can flip my feelings on and off just as easily as I can flip a light switch ๐Ÿ˜Š one of the few things I really love about myself. I may be shy and kinda chubs but I'm an emotional masttttaaa! Muuhuuhahahahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚