Do women only want to marry a guy for alomony?

I was with my aunt and coyson they offered me to come with them to go to the beach. well long story short they had to govdo their hair at the hair dresser and asked me to come in with them because tyey didn't want me to sit in the car all the time. anyways i heard women bragging about getting married just to attain alomony... this is scary shit!!! is it true that women crook men into marraige to attain alomony?

• yes sad but true
  • women are making it hard hard for men to wanna marry us
  • i dont know kid
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1014

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, the guys who are saying yes, just needs to stay single and never marry. No wonder why women today are dating elsewhere around the world. That is not what alimony and marriage are for. Their crooked women! So superficial and wicked women will do that. But a real woman who loves and want a serious commitment beyond a dating relationship would not. Alimony is to protect her rights as your wife. And in some cases for the men too. Marriage is of higher authority. You can't get that kind of authority in a dating relationship because it's any way it goes. Don't commit to somebody you can never see yourself marrying. It takes vision, commitment, responsibility, and maturity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Marrying someone just to get alimony, is the last thing on the minds of 99+% of women, when they marry. No doubt there are a very tiny number of women who are hateful and do crap like that. The last thing you need to be concerned with, is meeting a girl who's gunning for an eventual divorce to get alimony.

Truthfully, alimony is granted for a maximum of 2 years in most states, and typically for 6 months to a year, depending on the judge.

What Girls Said 9

• Are you trying to say ALIMONY?

Next time you want people to think you're knowledgeable on a topic and should be talking about it, it's pretty good idea to at least know how to SPELL it.

• Hey its not my fault yoyr a crook and theif... marry guys just for money... how about getting a job

• Marraige iscsupposed to beca covenant between and God and two people

• Marraige is an institution set up by God as covenent. to unite two people who love each other care anlbout each other support each other... through thick and thin... calmn weather and stormy seas... its supposssed to be based on love trust commitment

• No. & Matter of fact, I know of an amazing woman who can prove otherwise to you. (( Not sure if troll... proceeding as non-troll)).

@Redeyemindtricks - Would you mind sharing on this one?

• Alimony is rare these days in the USA.

It's NEVER awarded unless the marriage has endured for at least some minimum length of time (usually between 6 and 10 years). That varies from state to state.

And even when alimony *is* awarded...

...1) It only lasts for a certain period of time -- usually based on the length of the marriage itself (like it may last for 1/2 as long as the original marriage lasted... or the same time... or something else);

...2) it's taxable to the payee (= the person GETTING the money has to pay income tax on it -- unlike child support, which is taxable to the person PAYING it),

and

...3) it IMMEDIATELY stops if the person getting it marries someone else.
      In some states, it immediately stops if the person getting it even *moves in* with a relationship partner, even if they aren't married. (Now that gay marriage exists, some of these states have even cut off alimony to people who've moved in with same-sex roommates!)

A VERY small handful of

• @redeyemindtricks - Sigh <3 Could you be any more wonderful? #fangirl

• I've also heard that women marry just so they can wear a wedding dress :P

They were just joking hun. Alimony isn't even around in most countries anymore.

• I don't give a **** about a guy's money, I already rejected rich guys.

• No, you can't generalize people like that. There are some of those women but most women marry because they love their partners and because of religious reasons.

• yep, you better believe that we're gonna use you up for every cent you've got.

• Men are not stupid that is why mgtow exists

• Of course not. My goodness.

• The ladies at the hair dtesser were bragging so...

• That is thecreason why men are scared to want to marry a woman

• That is the reason why men are scared to marry a woman...

• When i think of marriage I'm not thinking about a guys money.

• No they don't. In my country there is no such thing as alimony and yet a lot of women wanna get married.

What Guys Said 13

• No, that is rarely the case. However, when a man's heart grows cold to a woman he has married, she can become selfish, angry, bitter, and yes, want alimony. The key is to be empathic, always consider her heart no matter what, always put her first (Below God). Always put your wife first. The day you stop doing that is the day she will grow resentful, and will become very selfish.

• Sad but true... that's why it's called, "Landing a man". Girls just see it as a retirement (not having to work). If they have a kid... then they know they are set for life.

That's why they are all horny and "luvy duvy" when dating and you hear about the sex dropping off once married. Once you put a ring on it they stop putting in the effort/attention. They got you and your money so they don't need to.

It's not the guy that changes... that causes marriages to end... it the women who change.

• 'landing a wife' is just as applicable. Also, women comprise 47% of the workforce in the United States alone.

Seriously, work on better points in your arguments. Maybe shit that is actually valid would be a good start. 👌

• @Smmyskittles It's sad... but true. It's not like anyone takes marriage seriously. They should make it so you only can get remarried if you are a widow. Marraige today is just a game... something to do (check of their list).

I have heard too many stay at home women complain an bitch when all they do is sit at home and do nothing. Don't even get me started about the Whole "giving birth" BS. Girls milk that shit for decades when in reality they only "work hard" for the first 10 years.

• Is this seriously how you feel about it?

• That's why you be smarter then them and have them sign legal contracts that don't let them get anything if they do this or that or try to divorce you for your money.

• Alomony.
    Alomon
    Alomo
    Alom
    Alo
    Alo
    Al
    A

• No, but women do not often want to get married just for the guy. There's always some hook
    -to have a kid, etc.

• Some maybe ar mercenary. I know a lot of this goes on on the east and west coasts. If a woman has a successful career you csn claim alimony.

• I think they are more likely to use alimony as a legal contingency plan.

• in this day and age most likely yes
    alimony depending on country Can help them set up à good life

• Some women do...

• i dont think a lot of women will do out just for thta but i think there can be a few out there that do this

• Some do.

• in my country there is no such thing as alimony yet all women wanna get married like crazy, you forgot to put "no" as an option not all women dig for money... and not all men are rich

• Yes but they will never admit it. And they use terms like "take care of us"

• Thats some scary shit... they like bank robbers or casino armed robbers

• I feel sorry for the married men... poor guys.