Am I being crazy or am I right for being upset?

I broke up with my boyfriend last night because he told me he's going on a week-long trip to New Orleans tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
I'm upset because he says he never has time to see me because of work. I literally only saw him one time this month.
But he makes time to go on week-long vacations. He's also not apologetic in the slightest and firmly believes that he has done nothing wrong.
This isn't the first time he's done something like this either.
How is this okay? Am I being crazy or am I right to be super upset by this?

1110

Most Helpful Girl

• He makes time for the things he enjoys, and that doesn't include you. Why he's still there I don't know. You did the right thing. If you stayed with him, you wouldn't be free to find a man who actually wants to spend time with you and who makes plans to see you not just makes plans for everything else. Go find a guy who's crazy about you and will always free something up to see you. You're young still, you don't need to sit around waiting on a man whos doing everything but you.

What Guys Said 10

• If you hadn't broken up with him, I'd say you'd have a right to be upset. But since you broke up with him, you really have no say in what he does at this point. He really has nothing to apologize for as you two are no longer a thing. Do you plan to apologize when you start dating someone new?

• If the relationship was not what you wanted then you have every right to leave it. Nobody should expect themselves to stay in a relationship they aren't happy in.

• u have the right to be upset. guys should always find the time to spend with his spouse. same goes for girls. its not really a relationship if u guys are always so busy. and if this guy makes plans to vacations and can't make plans for u. smh

• well i guess if you feel like he doesn't make time for you that is always a legit reason to break up

• Yes you are being crazy. You broke up with him he owes you nothing not even an apology. I suggest you move on.

• If you expect something more from him than he delivers, then by definition you are upset. Nothing wrong with finding someone that fulfills your expectations.

• He sounds like a busy man

• he doesn't care about u

• You're being crazy.

• being crazy

What Girls Said 10

• I'd be super upset if my boyfriend didn't have time for me too. I guess it's not so much him going away that upsets you , it's more to do with the fact he won't MAKE time for you, and the fact that you hardly see each other

All you can do is talk to him about it again. If he genuinely cares about you then he'll be understanding , and take your feelings into consideration. If he doesn't though, that would clarify your position in his life

If his behaviour is consistent then I'd seriously consider if you can really build a future with him

• I'd be upset. People make time for their priorities and he isn't making time for you. Seeing each other once a month seems like a much bigger problem (providing it's not LDR) but the holiday would have topped it off for me.
    Maybe this one is for the best lovely

• If it's usual for him to not make you a part of his life, then yeah, you should be upset. He doesn't seem to see you as a priority, it'll be best to get rid of him.

• Your right to be upset by this. I also believe that if a guy truly like a female that he will make time for you even its just for 15-30 minutes. He will make time. There is no excuse. Sounds like he may be losing interest in you.

• It seems as though maybe he's not as vested in this relationship as you are. He's made his decisions, maybe it's time for you to as well.

• Why would u do that? maybe he just need some time to himself.. im saying this cause at some point my boyfriend also the same... but he didn't abandoned me or anything he's just being a man.. Busy and take his vacation.. its normal... If u really love him u won't broke up with him you would be supportive and understand him..

• you're right tho

• I agree w ya

• Have you tried to talk to him about? Maybe he doesn't realize how much he is doing it. Guys are like that

• It depends on why he's going like is it business related or does he have family there that he wants to spend time with? if not then he should've stayed with you

• Its with family (they are not even his real fmaily though) and Thanksgiving doesn't take a week. Its obviously also a vacation