My girlfriend broke up with me out of the blue it seems?

So I am very new when asking advice via the web. I have been getting advice from my close friends and family and although I appreciate there advice, I am interested in hearing what everyone else who does not know me, has to say.
My girlfriend and I were together for 13 months. We are in our late 20's and were madly in love. So much so that there was a home purchased by one of us and we started living together 3 months ago. I left a very nice job to stay closer to home and have "normal" hours. Truth be told, I wanted the normal hours too. After taking a position, we were doing great, spending weekends with family and friends and of course, each other. Throughout of relationship she would say things about my consuming alcohol and how she didn't really like it when I drank because once I start it is very difficult to stop... Which is true. I did not think anything of it because we would go out to dinner or social settings and each have some beverages. Literally the night she broke up with me, we went out for drinks after dinner. Long story short, she asked me to leave, I packed my stuff and left. Of course I texted my feelings while being emotional. She explained that she needed time to think and if I get help, maybe we can make this work. I have been getting help with my alcohol NOT because of her entirely but because it makes me feel better as a person and I now know, I needed support all along. We have not talked for 3 days (I had to get the rest of my belongings out of the house). I do not know what to think. I am continuing to work on myself and make myself a better person. I want to be back with her so bad and am applying the no contact rule. I'm terrified to think maybe she will never contact me again? I know that if it is not meant to be, it is not meant to be. I am a person that appreciates the brutal truth if need be. Thoughts? Thank you

02

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• She probably talked to you about this more times than you remember, or more times than you want to admit. After living together three months, she is probably thinking about eventual marriage and children. So the question in her mind is: Is this the man who I want to have as the role model for my children? Is this a man who I could trust to finish raising my children if I died before they were all grown? How do you think she would answer those questions.

I understand that you are working on your problems but, at a certain point, if your partner doesn't see any/much progress, they start wondering if they are wasting their time and whether they should move forward with their life.

You may not get another chance. Whether you get another chance with this girl, you have another chance to do the right thing for yourself. Start attending AA meetings, get a sponsor, and get a sober life.

• You are well on your way to recovery. You acknowledge you have a problem and you are working on it. Keep on track and she will return.